Steelheads Score Four Unanswered to Top Eagles 4-2
LOVELAND, CO. - The Idaho Steelheads scored four straight goals to erase a 2-0 deficit and defeat the Colorado Eagles 4-2 on Wednesday. Idaho forward Justin Parizek scored two goals, while goaltender Ryan Faragher grabbed the win in net, making 26 saves on 28 shots in the contest. The loss also brings to an end the Eagles six-game winning streak at home, as the Steelheads handed Colorado its first regulation home loss since November 8, 2017.
Colorado nabbed the game's first goal when forward Jake Marchment snagged a loose puck between the circles and wired a shot past Faragher to put the Eagles on top 1-0 at the 9:47 mark of the first period. Colorado would outshoot the Steelheads 12-10 in the opening 20 minutes of play, but would also be held 0-for-3 on the power play during that time.
Moving into the second period, the Eagles would expand their lead when forward Joey Ratelle tipped a shot from the point into the back of the net to make it a 2-0 Colorado advantage just 4:07 into the middle frame.
Just over five minutes later, an Eagles turnover would lead to a 3-on-1 rush for Idaho and Parizek would cap it off with a wrister that would light the lamp and trim the Colorado edge to 2-1. The Steelheads would then even the score when forward A.J. White capitalized on a breakway from the blue line, as Eagles goalie Sam Brittain would make the initial stop, but as he spun himself up off the ice, the puck flew into the net to knot the score at 2-2 with 8:10 left in the second period of action.
With only 41 seconds gone in the third period, Idaho forward Brady Brassart would beat Brittain with a wrister from the blue line to give the Steelheads the 3-2 lead. The advantage would grow to a pair when Parizek collected a rebound on top of the crease and fed it into the back of the net to give Idaho the 4-2 lead with 10:30 remaining in the contest.
The Eagles would pull Brittain in favor of the extra attacker, but they would not be able to generate any additional offense, falling by a final score of 4-2. Colorado was held 0-for-5 on the power play and were outshot by Idaho 35-28 on the evening.
The Eagles continue their three-game homestand when they host the Idaho Steelheads at the Budweiser Events Center on Friday, February 9th at 7:05pm MT.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 7, 2018
- Icemen Top Swamp Rabbits on the Road - Jacksonville Lizard Kings
- Steelheads Ground Eagles in Loveland - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Score Four Unanswered to Top Eagles 4-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Piccinich Scores, But Solar Bears Drop Decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cuddemi Scores Twice in Loss at Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- Wings Offense Sizzles in Win over Oilers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Dazzle Late with 3-2 Overtime Winner over Royals on Home Ice - Worcester Railers HC
- No Shortage of Scoring as Wings Top Oilers 9-6 - Tulsa Oilers
- Strong Third Period Leads 'Blades Past Orlando 3-1 - Florida Everblades
- 3-2 OT Loss Nets Reading Sole Possession of Second Place in North - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - February 7 - ECHL
- Rush Win First Morning Home Game in Team History - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Hall of Fame Defenseman Sam Ftorek Comes out of Retirement, Signs with Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day Storylines at Colorado - Idaho Steelheads
- Wichita Continues Road Trip Tonight vs. Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- The Zombies Are Coming - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Has 26 Former Players, Five Officials in 2018 Winter Olympics - ECHL
- Police vs. Fire Quickly Approaching - Wichita Thunder
- Gudbranson Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Dallas Stars 2018 Training Camp to be Held at CenturyLink Arena - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna to Step Down - ECHL
- Preview: Boosted Royals Look to Move 14 Points Ahead of Railers - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Cannata Makes 51 Saves in Eagles' 4-3 Win Double Overtime
- Joly, Cannata Drive Colorado to 2-1 Victory as Eagles Tie Series
- Penalty Trouble Dooms Eagles in 4-2 Loss in Game 3
- Fort Wayne Ties Series with 3-2 Win in Game Two
- Joly's Hat Trick Gives Eagles 1-0 Series Lead over Komets