Why Do Soccer Players Tuck in Their Shirts?
October 29, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) YouTube Video
These are unprecedented times, and MLS is taking unprecedented measures to ensure all teams are measured on the same standard. That means points per game will decide playoff seeding and playoff spots. That's good news for some, and not so good for others. Andrew, David and Charlie weigh in, celebrate another win for the Union, who are on track for their first-ever trophy now that the Supporters' Shield is back on, then chat with veteran shirt tucker Ray Gaddis, covering the how and why of on-field presentability, the importance of voting and everything in between. Also in this show, the guys argue about MVP candidates (and Defender of the Year), declare Josef Martinez clear troll winner and give Henry Kessler his due not that there's no Rookie of the Year award.
5:00 - Standings, Shield to be decided on points per game
14:44 - Who should be Defender of the Year? Mensah vs. Zimmerman
23:25 - INTERVIEW: Ray Gaddis' All-Tuck 5-a-side, Union evolution, voting rights
1:02:44 - Should a fullback be in the running for Defender of the Year?
1:05:36 - What's the ceiling for the Revolution?
1:17:10 - MLS Predict 6 pres. By BetMGM
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 29, 2020
- Sounders FC 2019 MLS Cup-Winning Team Receives Championship Rings - Seattle Sounders FC
- Providence Park Expansion Project Recognized by AIA Oregon Architecture Awards - Portland Timbers
- Early Voting Starts Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium at 10 a.m. - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Relieve Guillermo Barros Schelotto of Duties as Head Coach - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Clinches 2020 MLS Playoff Berth with New Playoff Qualification - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Qualification Update - MLS
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- By the Numbers: Three Regular Season Challenges Remain - Orlando City SC
- 2021 Nashville SC Season Tickets on Sale with Priority Seating for Stadium in 2022 - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Forward Brandon Vazquez to a Multi-Year Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Youth Development Update: October 29, 2020 - New England Revolution
- Chris Wondolowski scores twice; Quakes jump to seventh place - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 2-1 on Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 2, Portland Timbers 5 - Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Clinch Berth in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 5-2 Win against La Galaxy - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-0 in San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall 2-1 at Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer(s), and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.