Whitecaps FC Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule Including Camps in Hawaii and California
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC confirmed the remainder of their 2019 preseason schedule on Monday, which will include camps in Honolulu, Hawaii and Los Angeles, California. Whitecaps FC will kick off their 2019 MLS season on Saturday, March 2 at home to Minnesota United FC at BC Place.
The 'Caps will hold training sessions in Vancouver from January 22 to 30, February 12 to 14, as well as the final week of February.
After opening training camp in Vancouver, the team will head to Honolulu, Hawaii for 10 days on January 31. For the second consecutive year, the 'Caps will compete in the Pacific Rim Cup at Aloha Stadium. Whitecaps FC will be joined by Real Salt Lake, as well as Japanese sides V-Varen Nagasaki and Iwaki FC. The 'Caps will play Nagasaki in one semifinal on Friday, February 8 before the final or third place match on Sunday, February 10.
Following three days of training in Vancouver, Whitecaps FC will continue their preseason in Southern California, where the 'Caps will hold a camp with three games from February 15 to 23. The 'Caps open their trip in California with a match against Western Conference rival LA Galaxy at Orange County Great Park at 5 p.m. PT on February 16. Vancouver will then play a closed-door friendly against Liga MX side Club Tijuana on February 20 at 1 p.m. PT. The Blue and White will close out the preseason against head coach Marc Dos Santos' former side Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) on February 23 at Banc of California Stadium, with kickoff set for 5:30 p.m. PT.
January 22 to 30: Training in Vancouver, BC
January 31: Depart to Honolulu, Hawaii
February 8: Pacific Rim Cup Semifinal vs. V-Varen Nagasaki
February 10: Pacific Rim Cup Final or Third Place match
February 10: Return to Vancouver, BC
February 12 to 14: Training in Vancouver, BC
February 15: Depart to Los Angeles, California
February 16: Preseason game vs. LA Galaxy
February 20: Preseason game vs. Club Tijuana
February 23: Preseason game vs. LAFC
February 23: Return to Vancouver, BC
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 21, 2019
- First Day of Preseason Brings New Culture, New Faces - Orlando City SC
- Whitecaps FC Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule Including Camps in Hawaii and California - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Announces 2019 Preseason Schedule - Los Angeles FC
- United Sign Antonio Bustamante to a Homegrown Contract - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Set Preseason Camp Roster - New York Red Bulls
- Abe Valbuena Set to Compete in eMLS League Series One on Tuesday - Orlando City SC
- LyesMTL in Los Angeles for eMLS League Series One - Montreal Impact
- FC Cincinnati's 2019 Promotional Schedule Announced - FC Cincinnati
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- DoorDash Becomes Official On-Demand Delivery Platform of Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC thwart 'Caps bid for three straight
- Whitecaps FC Announce Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule
- Surging 'Caps open road stretch with second consecutive win
- Whitecaps FC Acquire $400,000 in MLS Allocation Money from D.C. United for Yordy Reyna