Earthquakes Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes today announced their full 2019 preseason schedule, which includes friendlies against USL side Reno 1868 FC and MLS Western Conference foes LAFC and Seattle Sounders FC. The Quakes will also spend time in Mexico preparing for opening day on March 2.
Players report to the Earthquakes Training Facility in San Jose on Monday, Jan. 21. The team will then depart for a two-week training camp in Cancún, Mexico on Thursday, Jan. 24.
The Quakes will fly from Mexico to Reno on Friday, Feb. 8, taking on their USL affiliate 1868 FC at Greater Nevada Field the following day. Last February, San Jose and Reno extended their affiliate partnership through the 2019 season with an option for 2020.
After a week at home, the Quakes will then travel to Los Angeles for a closed-door friendly against second-year side LAFC on Feb. 16, before returning to San Jose to play their final preseason tune-up against Sounders FC at Avaya Stadium on Feb. 23, presented by ThreatMetrix.
Tickets for the only preseason match at Avaya Stadium go on sale this week. Season pass holders can call the Quakes' account services team to purchase general admission main bowl seating for $15 or club seating for $30, beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 22. Main bowl seating ($22) and club seating ($44) will be made available to the general public via Ticketmaster, beginning on Friday, Jan. 25.
Full 2019 preseason schedule:
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME (PT) TICKETS
TBD TBD Cancún, Mexico TBD TBD
Feb. 9 Reno 1868 FC Greater Nevada Field 12:15 p.m. Available
Feb. 16 LAFC Banc of California Stadium 12 p.m. Closed
Feb. 23 Seattle Sounders FC Avaya Stadium 12:45 p.m. SPH 1/22 Public 1/25
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 21, 2019
- First Day of Preseason Brings New Culture, New Faces - Orlando City SC
- Whitecaps FC Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule Including Camps in Hawaii and California - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Announces 2019 Preseason Schedule - Los Angeles FC
- United Sign Antonio Bustamante to a Homegrown Contract - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Set Preseason Camp Roster - New York Red Bulls
- Abe Valbuena Set to Compete in eMLS League Series One on Tuesday - Orlando City SC
- LyesMTL in Los Angeles for eMLS League Series One - Montreal Impact
- FC Cincinnati's 2019 Promotional Schedule Announced - FC Cincinnati
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 20, 2019
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named MLS Player of the Week
- Chris Wondolowski scores four goals to break all-time MLS record
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Breaks All-Time MLS Goals Record
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 13, 2019