White Sox Sign ThunderBolts Right-Hander Remenowsky
CRESTWOOD - The Chicago White Sox have purchased the contract of Windy City right-hander Dan Remenowsky, the ThunderBolts announced Saturday.
In two appearances with Windy City, Remenowsky posted a 1-0 record with a 1.69 earned run average, striking out 12 batters while walking just three in 10 2/3 innings.
The 22-year-old Cincinnati native was signed out of Otterbein College by the ThunderBolts on July 1. He is expected to report to the Great Falls Voyagers, Chicago's Pioneer League affiliate in Montana.
Remenowsky is the second 'Bolts pitcher to be signed by a Major League organization this season, joining left-hander Tyler Kelsey, who was purchased earlier in the season by the Toronto Blue Jays.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from July 12, 2008
- Beach Bums Rally For Wet Win Over Southern Illinois - Traverse City Beach Bums
- 'Kings use seven-run fifth to take Game Two - River City Rascals
- Grizzlies cruise to win over Sliders - Gateway Grizzlies
- Otters Come Back in Ninth, Win Fifth Straight - Evansville Otters
- Wild Things Drop Game Two to Otters 4-3 - Washington Wild Things
- RiverHawks pound Paints, 10-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
- White Sox Sign ThunderBolts Right-Hander Remenowsky - Windy City ThunderBolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.