Western Hockey League Statement on COVID-19 Testing Results
May 8, 2021 - Western Hockey League (WHL) News Release
Calgary, Alta. - The Western Hockey League released today the following statement on COVID-19 testing results:
The WHL completed the 13th week of its return to play with zero positive test results for COVID-19 among the 729 tests administered across the WHL from May 1 through May 7, 2021.
In the Central Division, a total of 157 tests were administered for the Calgary Hitmen, Edmonton Oil Kings, Lethbridge Hurricanes, Medicine Hat Tigers and Red Deer Rebels from May 1 through May 7. Using private PCR testing provided by DynaLIFE, testing was administered once to all members of the team delegations of players and staff.
In the U.S. Division, a total of 421 tests were administered for the Everett Silvertips, Portland Winterhawks, Seattle Thunderbirds, Spokane Chiefs, and Tri-City Americans from May 1 through May 7. Using private antigen testing, members of the team delegations of players and staff were tested three times.
In the B.C. Division, a total of 140 tests were administered for the Kamloops Blazers, Kelowna Rockets, Prince George Cougars, Vancouver Giants and Victoria Royals from May 1 through May 7. Using private PCR testing provided by DynaLIFE, testing was administered once to all members of the team delegations of players and staff.
To date, the WHL has administered a total of 9,735 tests for COVID-19 from February 12 through May 7, 2021, with 14 positive test results.
The WHL will continue to provide regular updates on COVID-19 testing results. The WHL will not be providing information on the identity of any individuals.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 8, 2021
- Silvertips Defeat T-Birds in Penultimate Game of Season - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Winterhawks Roll over Spokane to Open Weekend - Portland Winterhawks
- Power Play Struggles as Chiefs Fall to Portland, 5-1 - Spokane Chiefs
- Douglas Grew as a Player and Person During Four Plus Years with the Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Western Hockey League Statement on COVID-19 Testing Results - WHL
- Silvertips Smother Spokane, 5-1 - Everett Silvertips
- Americans Defeated at Home by Thunderbirds - Tri-City Americans
- Everett Silvertips Claim 2020-21 WHL U.S. Division Championship Trophy - WHL
- Game Day Hub: May 8 - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Return to the Win Column with a Convincing Win over Rockets - Vancouver Giants
- Ratzlaff Subdues Americans to Earn First Career Win - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Giants Drop Rockets 6-2 - Kelowna Rockets
- Chiefs Drop First Game of Final Weekend, 5-1 at Everett - Spokane Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.