Westchester Faces Canton in Tuesday Tilt
WESTCHESTER KNICKS (3-2) vs. CANTON CHARGE (2-1)
Tuesday, November 14 - Canton, OH (Canton Memorial Civic Center)
7:00 PM (ET)
John Jenkins registered a 41-point line as the Westchester Knicks controlled the Lakeland Magic from start to finish, 125-104, Saturday evening.
Both Westchester and Canton are above .500.
Eastern Conference teams, Long Island, Greensboro, Raptors and Westchester each have at least three wins on the season as of 11/12.
Trevon Blueitt is available for the first time this season.
John Jenkins set a franchise-record and netted a career-high 44 points against Lakeland on Saturday.
Kadeem Allen has more than doubled his assists numbers in Knicks' last two than start of the season.
Buay Tuach (right foot fracture) is out.
Luke Kornet's 11.0 rebounds per game lead the Knicks. Stephen Zimmerman's 7.3 rebounds per game are slotted second on the team.
LAST TIME OUT
The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, spoiled the home opener of the Lakeland Magic, with a final score of 125-104 on Saturday night.
The Knicks started out strong outscoring the Magic 46-34 in the first quarter. The Magic were competitive in the second and third quarter but their defense couldn't hold on to a hot Knicks who shot 69.2% from the three.
For the Knicks, returning player John Jenkins was on fire racking in an impressive 44 points. Two-Way Player Isaiah Hicks had a double-double with 16 points and 14 rebounds on the night. Luke Kornet, on assignment from New York, also had a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Returning Player, Billy Garrett was a key contributor off the bench with 15 points.
Westchester is one of four Eastern Conference teams to have at least three wins on the season as of Nov. 12. The team is also above .500 with a 3-2 record. The team has alternated wins since the start of the season winning every other game they play.
NOT SO OPEN COURT
The Knicks have yet to score more than any of its opponents in the open court. Westchester averages just 6.6 fastbreak points per game while its opponents register 13.8 ppg in the category.
BENCH IS BOOMIN'
Westchester's bench has outscored its opposing reserves in all but one contest this season. When the Knicks' reserves rake in more points than its opposition, the squad is 3-1. It's only loss came to Long Island when the Nets' bench edged the Knicks' bench by one.
Kadeem Allen's assists numbers have more than double from the start of the season. Allen averaged just 2.7 assists through his first three games this season. Since, he has averaged 7.5 through the last two and mirroring his career-high for a fourth time (8).
ROAD SWEET ROAD
The Knicks' are shooting considerably better in its opponent's gyms from three-point territory. While the Knicks are shooting just 25.3-percent in the County Center, the Knicks are knocking down an astounding 44.3-percent of its looks from downtown on the road.
The starting lineup featuring John Jenkins, Kadeem Allen, Paul Watson, Isaiah Hicks and Luke Kornet is undefeated (2-0).
BEST OF THE BEST
The Knicks' offensive output against Lakeland (125 points) is the most it has scored all season. Additionally, its 17 three-pointers marks the most makes by the squad.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 13, 2018
- Westchester Faces Canton in Tuesday Tilt - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Practice Report - Oklahoma City Blue
- Swarm to Donate Portion of Ticket Proceeds to Greensboro Police Foundation in Memory of Fallen Officer - Greensboro Swarm
- Austin Spurs Defeat Rio Grande Valley Vipers 114-97 - Austin Spurs
- 905 Breeze by BayHawks - Raptors 905
- Elie Okobo Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Fall Short to Austin Spurs - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Continue Six-Game Homestand with Windy City, Early Title Contender Sioux Falls - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Drop Contest to Lakers in Final Seconds - Iowa Wolves
- Howl About That? South Bay Grabs First Win of Season - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Defeat Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Putney Leads Three-Point Barrage as Skyforce Coast to Sixth Straight Win - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.