Wenatchee Valley Venom Releases 2011 Indoor Football League Schedule
The Wenatchee Valley Venom Professional Indoor Football Team is proud to announce the release of their 2011 Indoor Football League (IFL) schedule today. The Venom begin the season on the road against the Fairbanks Grizzlies in Alaska on Sunday, February 27 followed by their home opener at Town Toyota Center in Wenatchee on Saturday, March 5 against in-state rival Tri-Cities Fever. The Venom will also host home games against the Fairbanks Grizzlies, Nebraska Danger, Green Bay Blizzard, Wyoming Cavalry, Kent Predators, and Tri-Cities Fever a second time to end the regular season. Additional road trips include games against the Sioux Falls Storm in South Dakota, Colorado Ice in Ft. Collins, Colorado, Kent Predators twice at Showare Arena in Kent, Fairbanks Grizzlies a second time in April, and Tri-Cities Fever at Toyota Center in Kennewick. See page 2 of this press release for a detailed schedule.
The Venom will play three games each against Pacific Division rivals Fairbanks Grizzlies, Kent Predators, and Tri-Cities Fever and intend to be in the running for one of the 12 IFL playoff spots for the 2011 season. The Venom look forward to a rematch against former AIFA foe Wyoming Cavalry at home on Saturday, May 7. The Venom provided the Cavalry with their only regular season loss last year, but the Cavalry is the only team to beat the Venom at Town Toyota Center. Other interesting matchups include a tough road game against the Sioux Falls Storm (who fell to the Billings Outlaws in the 2010 IFL United Bowl Championship game) followed by a short-week road test against the Colorado Ice and a demanding home game against the always tough Green Bay Blizzard on Friday, April 22. Although the Nebraska Danger is an expansion team, they come with an experienced IFL management team and will test the Venom at home on Saturday, April 9.
"We are very pleased with the 2011 IFL schedule," said Venom President and co-owner Kyle Skalisky. "Our partners in the IFL worked with us to address the scheduling issues that detracted from our 2010 inaugural season in the AIFA. Our schedule has been released four months in advance of our first game. We have a home game every other week throughout the season with the exception of one 3-week break following our home opener. Our three in-state away games will greatly reduce our travel costs and allow our fans to easily follow our team. Finally, our regular season will be complete prior to the end of the local school year, and we don't have any home games competing with the Memorial Day and 4th of July weekends like last season."
Season and group tickets for Venom home games are already on sale at the Venom Office, 2 S. Chelan Ave. in Wenatchee or call 509-88-VENOM to purchase tickets. Individual game tickets will be available at wenatcheevenom.com and the Town Toyota Center Box Office soon.
2011 IFL Season Schedule
WEEK DATE OPPONENT LOCATION
1 Feb 27 (Sun) Fairbanks Grizzlies Fairbanks, AK
2 Mar 5 (Sat) Tri-Cities Fever Town Toyota Center
3 Mar 14 (Mon) Sioux Falls Storm Sioux Falls, SD
4 Mar 19 (Sat) Colorado Ice Ft. Collins, CO
5 Mar 26 (Sat) Fairbanks Grizzlies Town Toyota Center
6 Apr 2 (Sat) BYE
7 Apr 9 (Sat) Nebraska Danger Town Toyota Center
8 Apr 16 (Sat) Kent Predators Kent, WA
9 Apr 22 (Fri) Green Bay Blizzard Town Toyota Center
10 Apr 29 (Fri) Fairbanks Grizzlies Fairbanks, AK
11 May 7 (Sat) Wyoming Cavalry Town Toyota Center
12 May 14 (Sat) Tri-Cities Fever Kennewick, WA
13 May 21 (Sat) Kent Predators Town Toyota Center
14 May 27 (Fri) Kent Predators Kent, WA
15 Jun 4 (Sat) Tri-Cities Fever Town Toyota Center
16 Jun 11 (Sat) BYE
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from October 29, 2010
- Wenatchee Valley Venom Releases 2011 Indoor Football League Schedule - Wenatchee Valley Venom
- Green Bay Blizzard Announce 2011 IFL Schedule - Green Bay Blizzard
- Fever Unveils 2011 Schedule - Tri-Cities Fever
- Steelhawks Unveil 2011 Season Schedule - Lehigh Valley Steelhawks
- IFL Announces 2011 Regular Season Schedule - West Texas Roughnecks
- 2011 Venom Schedule Released - Amarillo Venom
- 2011 Express Schedule Released - Reading Express
- Revolution Announce 2011 Schedule - 10-29-2010 - Richmond Revolution
- Colorado Ice Announce 2011 Season Schedule - Colorado Crush
- Storm 2011 Schedule Set - Sioux Falls Storm
- 2011 IFL Schedule Announced - IFL
- La Crosse to Host IFL Kickoff Classic - La Crosse Spartans
- Bloomington Extreme Announce 2011 Schedule and Ticket Prices - Bloomington Extreme
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wenatchee Valley Venom Stories
- Former Washington State QB Rogers Not Giving Up Dream
- Wenatchee Valley Venom Strengthen Defense, Receiver Corps
- Venom signs former Idaho Vandals star Woolridge
- Wenatchee Valley Venom Releases 2011 Indoor Football League Schedule
- Goodman, Soward Among 9 Players Signed By Wenatchee Valley Venom