Venom signs former Idaho Vandals star Woolridge
The Wenatchee Valley Venom added some star power to its running game, signing former University of Idaho running back DeMaundray Woolridge to an Indoor Football League contract.
Woolridge, who spent time in the St. Louis Rams training camp earlier this year, had a big senior year for the Vandals, scoring 18 touchdowns and earning Most Valuable Player at the 2009 Humanitarian Bowl. The 5-foot-10, 220-pounder played his first two years of college football at Washington State.
"Woolridge comes highly regarded by the Idaho coaching staff," Wenatchee Valley head football coach Brian Smith said. "He's an aggressive down-hill runner and a punishing running back. He's violent. I like him."
Woolridge is one of four new recent signees, joined by linebackers Robert Daly (Montana State) and DeMorrius Jones (Belhaven University) and defensive end Darrius Carter (Kent State). Daly (6-1, 240) led the Big Sky Conference in tackles as a sophomore and junior at Montana State and played indoor football with the Central Valley Coyotes and Billings Outlaws.
Wenatchee Valley also has re-signed two players who were instrumental in last year's success in running back Travis Rhone and defensive Kai Zeigler. Rhone led the Venom with 424 yards rushing and 21 touchdowns. Zeigler (6-3, 320) was a force in the middle on the Wenatchee Valley defense.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 3, 2010
- Grizzlies Sign Defensive Coordinator - Fairbanks Grizzlies
- Storm Sign Sack King of 2010 - Sioux Falls Storm
- Express Put Backfield in Motion with Four Player Signings - Reading Express
- Venom signs former Idaho Vandals star Woolridge - Wenatchee Valley Venom
- Omaha Beef Releases 2011 Schedule - Omaha Beef
- Steelhawks Set 2011 Dance Team Auditions - Lehigh Valley Steelhawks
- Over a Cup of Coffee - OSC Original by Jerry Hewitt
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wenatchee Valley Venom Stories
- Former Washington State QB Rogers Not Giving Up Dream
- Wenatchee Valley Venom Strengthen Defense, Receiver Corps
- Venom signs former Idaho Vandals star Woolridge
- Wenatchee Valley Venom Releases 2011 Indoor Football League Schedule
- Goodman, Soward Among 9 Players Signed By Wenatchee Valley Venom