Weekly: Penguins Head West for Games against Rockford, Milwaukee and Grand Rapids
Friday, Feb. 1 - PENGUINS 7 vs. Cleveland 2
The Penguins established an early lead and never looked back in their high-action tilt with the Monsters. Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton's power play went two-for-four with man-advantage markers from Ethan Prow and Jean-Sébastien Dea. Sam Miletic led the Penguins with four points (1G-3A) and Tristan Jarry recorded 33 saves. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton swept its season series with Cleveland, going 4-0-0-0.
Saturday, Feb. 2 - PENGUINS 1 vs. Bridgeport 2
Early scoring led to the end of the Penguins' four-game win streak. Ethan Prow notched the only goal for the Penguins on the power play, sandwiched between two first-period strikes by Bridgeport. The Pens' penalty kill remained unblemished, going five-for-five on the evening.
The Week Ahead
Wednesday, Feb. 6 - PENGUINS at Rockford
The Penguins begin their Midwest road trip by taking on the IceHogs for the first of two season meetings. Rockford is defending a four-game win streak, and goalie Anton Forsberg has not allowed more than three goals since Dec. 28, 2018.
Friday, Feb. 8 - PENGUINS at Milwaukee
Milwaukee hosts the second and final matchup between the Admirals and Penguins. The Penguins' hot power play will be tested against the Admirals' penalty kill, the third-best P.K. in the league (85.9%).
Saturday, Feb. 9 - PENGUINS at Grand Rapids
The Penguins visit the Griffins for the last of two meetings against Grand Rapids. In the clubs' first game of 2019, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton secured a shootout victory over Grand Rapids, 3-2. The Griffins' Chris Terry is tied for the AHL lead in goals (24) and sits tied for ninth in points (43).
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has converted on seven of its last 24 power play opportunities, a success rate of 29.2 percent.
- Ethan Prow has extended his career-best point streak to 10 games (5G-7A) with goals in three straight games.
- Prow's power play goal against Bridgeport marked his eighth of the season, the second most among blueliners in the league.
- Joseph Blandisi scored the first goal in his first three contests as a member of the Penguins, and he has points in all four games played with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (3G-3A).
- The Penguins' four-game win streak was their second-longest of the season, but the first time they put together four regulation/overtime wins in a row.
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Wed, Feb. 6 Rockford BMO Harris Bank Center 8:05 p.m.
Fri, Feb. 8 Milwaukee UWM Panther Arena 8:00 p.m.
Sat, Feb. 9 Grand Rapids Van Andel Arena 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Jan. 29 (C) Teddy Blueger Recalled by PIT
Fri, Feb. 1 (D) Dan Fick Released from PTO
Mon, Feb. 4 (D) Tim Erixon Signed to SPC
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2019
- Bridgeport earns league-leading 10th win beyond regulation with shootout victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sens Win a Wild One over Toronto in Overtime - Belleville Senators
- Pack Loses Lead, Game in Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers Beat Cleveland to Get Back in Win Column - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Edged by Checkers, 3-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Laval Rocket Presents Its Community Program Read for Fun with the Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Colorado Eagles to Retire Numbers of Schneekloth, Williamson - Colorado Eagles
- Battle of Ontario Returns to Coca-Cola Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Canucks Recall Brisebois; Comets Release Cliff Watson from PTO - Utica Comets
- Donate Life Night Returns February 15 against Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly: Point Streak Has Hershey Back in Contention - Hershey Bears
- Weekly: Penguins Head West for Games against Rockford, Milwaukee and Grand Rapids - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Moose Launch 2019 Stick to Reading Campaign - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Recall Hill and Mermis; Assign Bunting to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Assign Defenseman Zach Frye to Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- First-Place Griffins Open Seven-Game Homestand against Moose, Penguins and Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Win a Kailer Yamamoto Blackout Cancer Jersey - Bakersfield Condors
- Eagles Reassign Nantel, Downing and Boikov to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Red Wings Sign Turner Elson - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, February 5 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Battle Wolf Pack Tonight in Hartford - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Recall Macoy Erkamps from Wheeling
- Weekly: Penguins Rolling with First Win Streak of Season
- Penguins Recall Brandon Hawkins
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2
- Penguins Come Back to Stay Undefeated against Devils