by Ken Oda
Minot, ND - The Minotauros return to the Maysa Arena for the first time in 2022 to host the North Iowa Bulls this weekend. The Tauros will seek not only to bounce back from a sweep in Austin last weekend but to avenge a weekend sweep at the hands of the Bulls their last visit to Minot in October.
Since then the teams have gone in different directions since the Bulls two victories in Minot had them in first place. The Bulls have posted a 8-9-4 record and fallen to fourth place in the Central Division while the Tauros have gone 16-8-0 to move from fifth to second.
Former Bull, Huston Karpman, continues to lead the Tauros with 38 points on the season. Karpman played for the Bulls last season while they were still in Amarillo; six of his points this season have come against his former mates in their new city. Chris Carroll led the Bulls against the Tauros with six assists but has since been traded to New Jersey for Jake LaRusso who has a goal and six assists over 12 games since joining North Iowa.
In goal the Bulls traded for Hudson Hodges from the Austin Bruins to support Hunter Garvey. Garvey got off to a strong start going 9-2-2 with a .915 SV% before Thanksgiving. Since however he has posted a 2-6-3 record and .879 SV%. For the Tauros Carter Clafton has undergone the reverse transition, after starting 2-4-1 with an .874 SV% and 3.65 GAA through October Clafton has been rock solid since going 6-3-0 with a .933 SV% and 2.21 GAA.
The Tauros will continue to wear their blue Dream Catchers Baseball jerseys this weekend and next. Tickets for the weekend's games are available through the "Tickets" tab atop this page or. To bid on the game-worn Dream Catchers Baseball jerseys before the auction ends on January 22nd vist the DASH auction page.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Bugs Rout Rays - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Tomahawks Fall in Shootout Friday - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Hat Tricks Drop Friday Affair 4-1 - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Titans Forward Ryan Coughlin Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to Mercyhurst - New Jersey Titans
- Wilderness Seek to Cast Spell on Magicians - Minnesota Wilderness
- Weekend Preview: Jets at Steel (G34) - Janesville Jets
- South Division Race Is Tightest Division Race in the NAHL - Lone Star Brahmas
- Hat Tricks Return Home for Tilt with Northeast - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Titans Begin 7 Game Home Stretch by Hosting Nordiques for Two Games - New Jersey Titans
- Weekend Preview - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.