Hat Tricks Drop Friday Affair 4-1
DANBURY, CT - The Danbury Hat Tricks of the NAHL were back home on Friday for their first action inside of Danbury Arena since the 10th and 11th of December. Danbury fell behind 2-0 in the first ten minutes of the first period, and could never recover, ultimately falling 4-1.
Friday marked the fourth-straight game between Northeast and Danbury, with Northeast going 2-1 last weekend in Attleboro. The Generals continued right where they left off with two quick goals in the first period
Jared Scott (12) opened the scoring, followed by a power-play strike from Kyle Schroeder (7) just over three minutes later to make the score 2-0 after the first period.
The second period was scoreless as both netminders settled in and held it at a 2-0 score into the third period.
Danbury trimmed the lead to one in the third period, after Jazz Krivtsov (12) scored his sixth goal over his last six games on the power-play.
Krivtsov buried a one-timer off a pass from Ryan Johnson. Robert Hyde got the second assist in his return from injury.
One minute and forty-three seconds after the Hat Tricks cut the lead to one, Northeast executed a gorgeous passing play that resulted in a Matt Despirit (2) goal to regain the two-goal lead.
The Generals tacked on an empty-netter with ten seconds remaining to give them the final, 4-1 score.
Adam Johnson got the start in net for Danbury, surrendering three goals on 30 shots. Cullen DeYoung was outstanding in net for Northeast, surrendering only one goal on 22 shots.
Follow along with all the games this weekend by following the Hat Tricks on their various social media channels or by watching the games live on HockeyTV.
Saturday's game is slated for a 4 p.m. puck drop. Come out and support the Hat Tricks this weekend by purchasing tickets and coming out to enjoy! Visit our website or the front gate at Danbury Arena for more information on how to watch the Hat Tricks.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Bugs Rout Rays - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Tomahawks Fall in Shootout Friday - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Hat Tricks Drop Friday Affair 4-1 - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Titans Forward Ryan Coughlin Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to Mercyhurst - New Jersey Titans
- Wilderness Seek to Cast Spell on Magicians - Minnesota Wilderness
- Weekend Preview: Jets at Steel (G34) - Janesville Jets
- South Division Race Is Tightest Division Race in the NAHL - Lone Star Brahmas
- Hat Tricks Return Home for Tilt with Northeast - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Titans Begin 7 Game Home Stretch by Hosting Nordiques for Two Games - New Jersey Titans
- Weekend Preview - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.