Titans Begin 7 Game Home Stretch by Hosting Nordiques for Two Games
The Titans will begin a seven-game starting this weekend with a pair of games against the Maine Nordiques. Tonight's game begins at 7:30PM while tomorrow's puck drop is at 7:00PM.
Nordiques vs. Titans Overview
This weekend's series will be games seven and eight of the twelve games between the teams. The Titans have won all six games so far by a combine score of 40 - 15. This will be the last regular season series held this year at the Middletown Sports Complex.
Maine's Tyler Gaulin leads the Nordiques with six total points (3 goals and 3 assists) against the Red Buckets while Tristan Fasig, Jonny Meiers and Gaulin each have scored three goals against New Jersey. The Nordiques are 4 for 14 (29%) on the powerplay against the Titans. Maine's goaltenders have a combined .864 save percentage and 6.67 save percentage.
Brendan Dumas leads the Titans with 13 total points (6 goals and 7 assists) against Maine as well as goals (six). The Red Buckets are 6 for 20 (30%) on the powerplay against the Nordiques while the Titans netminders have a combined .928 save percentage and 2.50 goals against average with no shutouts.
Maine is currently in sixth place in the East Division with a 10-17-1-2 record for 23 points. The Nordiques are coming off a 4 - 3 road loss against the Jamestown Rebels (Maine was swept by the Rebels last weekend), and they have won two of their last ten games, including four losses against the Titans. The Nordiques have scored 90 goals on the season (22nd in the league) while they have allowed 127 (25th in the league). Maine is 28 for 109 (25.7%) on the powerplay (third in the league), and they have allowed six goals while on the man advantage. The Nordiques are 78.4% efficient on the penalty kill (20th in the league), and they have scored two shorthanded goal.
Ignat Belov leads the Nordiques with 23 total points (9 goals and 14 assists) and goals (nine). Nine different players have scored a game winning goal. Dom Marcinkevics has a team high +5 while Caden Pattison has the most penalty minutes on the team with 92.
Maine's goaltenders have a combined 4.07 goals against average and .896 save percentage with one shutout (Gus Holt).
The Titans currently lead the East Division with a 23-10-1-0 record for 47 points. They are coming off a 4 - 2 road loss against the Maryland Black Bears (Maryland and the Titans split last weekend's series), and they have won eight out of their last 10 games. New Jersey has scored 130 goals on the season (2nd in the league) while they have allowed 101 (16th in the league). The Titans have converted on 17.4% (21 for 121) of their chances on the powerplay (16th in the league), and they have allowed five goals while on the man advantage. The Red Buckets are 82.9% efficient on the penalty kill (14th in the league). The Titans have scored four shorthand goals.
Tommy Bannister leads the team with 40 total points (15 goals and 25 assists) and goals (15). Anthony Calafiore has a team high five game winning goals. David Posma has a team (and league) best +25. Coleman Nee has a team high 110 penalty minutes (third most in the league).
The Titans goaltenders have a combined 2.92 goals against average and .904 save percentage with no shutouts.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Bugs Rout Rays - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Tomahawks Fall in Shootout Friday - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Hat Tricks Drop Friday Affair 4-1 - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Titans Forward Ryan Coughlin Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to Mercyhurst - New Jersey Titans
- Wilderness Seek to Cast Spell on Magicians - Minnesota Wilderness
- Weekend Preview: Jets at Steel (G34) - Janesville Jets
- South Division Race Is Tightest Division Race in the NAHL - Lone Star Brahmas
- Hat Tricks Return Home for Tilt with Northeast - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Titans Begin 7 Game Home Stretch by Hosting Nordiques for Two Games - New Jersey Titans
- Weekend Preview - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Titans Stories
- Coughlin's Goal in 2OT Gives Titans 4-3 Win over Ice Wolves to Advance to the Robertson Cup Finals
- Keresztes Goal in OT Gives Titans 3-2 Win to Force Deciding Game
- Titans Fall to Ice Wolves 3-1 in Game One of Robertson Cup Semi-Finals
- Schedule Released for Robertson Cup
- Willey's Goal 1:15 into 3rd OT Gives Titans 3-2 Victory to Win Series and Advance to Robertson Cup Final Four