Titans Forward Ryan Coughlin Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to Mercyhurst
The New Jersey Titans, proud members of the North American Hockey League (NAHL), are pleased to announce that forward Ryan Coughlin has committed to play NCAA Division 1 Ice Hockey for the Mercyhurst University Lakers who play in the Atlantic Hockey Conference. His commitment begins in the fall of September 2022.
Coughlin, with whom the Titans acquired in a trade in mid-November, has eight points (4 goals and 4 assists) in 11 games as a Red Bucket. Overall, the 20-year-old native from Charlotte, NC has 23 points (8 goals and 15 assists) in 29 games this season.
Coughlin has received weekly/monthly league recognition twice so far during his tenure with the Titans. He was honorable mention for the East Division's Star of the Week for weeks ending January 9 and December 19.
"I am extremely happy to get the opportunity to play at Mercyhurst," said Coughlin. "So many people have helped me to get to this point including my friends, family, and coaches. Without the help of them, none of this would be possible" concluded Coughlin.
"We want to congratulate Ryan on his commitment to Mercyhurst" stated Titans head coach and general manager Craig Doremu. "What a great day for Ryan and his family. He has worked long and hard to get to this point in his hockey career and we couldn't be prouder to have him as a Titan. Since he joined us shortly before Thanksgiving, he has been excellent and fit into our team and culture seamlessly. Ryan's passion, talent and leadership have improved our team greatly. He is a veteran, smart, hard-nosed player who has come here determined to work and improve daily. He has a bright future at Mercyhurst. His future coaches will love working with him day to day. We look forward to Ryan continuing to be a huge part of our team as we pursue the Robertson Cup playoffs" concluded Doremus.
Mercyhurst University is in Erie, PA. The Lakers are coached by Rick Gotkin.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Bugs Rout Rays - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Tomahawks Fall in Shootout Friday - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Hat Tricks Drop Friday Affair 4-1 - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Titans Forward Ryan Coughlin Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to Mercyhurst - New Jersey Titans
- Wilderness Seek to Cast Spell on Magicians - Minnesota Wilderness
- Weekend Preview: Jets at Steel (G34) - Janesville Jets
- South Division Race Is Tightest Division Race in the NAHL - Lone Star Brahmas
- Hat Tricks Return Home for Tilt with Northeast - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Titans Begin 7 Game Home Stretch by Hosting Nordiques for Two Games - New Jersey Titans
- Weekend Preview - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Titans Stories
- Coughlin's Goal in 2OT Gives Titans 4-3 Win over Ice Wolves to Advance to the Robertson Cup Finals
- Keresztes Goal in OT Gives Titans 3-2 Win to Force Deciding Game
- Titans Fall to Ice Wolves 3-1 in Game One of Robertson Cup Semi-Finals
- Schedule Released for Robertson Cup
- Willey's Goal 1:15 into 3rd OT Gives Titans 3-2 Victory to Win Series and Advance to Robertson Cup Final Four