Watson Signs Second Three-Game Contract, Zemlicka Released
ROANOKE, Va. - The Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs have announced that forward Bobby Watson has signed a second three-game tryout contract and defenseman Vojtech Zemlicka has been placed on waivers.
Watson has skated in two games for the Rail Yard Dawgs and scored one goal. He buried a wrist shot top shelf during the third period of Roanoke's 7-4 win on Friday night in Knoxville against the Ice Bears, his first game as a Dawg. Watson spent the last two seasons with his hometown Tulsa Oilers in the ECHL.
Zemlicka has appeared in seven games for the Dawgs and has a goal, two assists and a -5 plus/minus rating. He appeared in 33 games for Roanoke during the 2018-19 season and recorded nine assists.
The Rail Yard Dawgs will return to action on Saturday night at home against the Knoxville Ice Bears. It's Star Wars Night presented by K92 and puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 PM at Berglund Center.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Marksmen Acquire Brett Johnson in Trade with Huntsville - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Mayhem Sign Anton Lindstrom - Macon Mayhem
- John Schiavo Returns to Huntsville in Deal with Fayetteville - Huntsville Havoc
- Watson Signs Second Three-Game Contract, Zemlicka Released - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Quad City, Fayetteville Swap Pair of Players - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Brodeur Departs Rivermen for Overseas Endeavors - Peoria Rivermen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.