Mayhem Sign Anton Lindstrom
MACON, GA- The Mayhem have signed forward Anton LindstrÃ¶m to a contract.
The 26-year-old hails from MalmÃ¶, Sweden and has played professionally in his home country for the past five years. He competed for three different teams in the Hockeyettan, the third tier of pro Swedish hockey. LindstrÃ¶m (6'2, 200) has, however, spent time in the United States. He played two seasons of junior hockey in New Hampshire and New England from 2012-2014. He was also one of the final players released from the Wheeling Nailers' (ECHL) training camp this October.
"Anton is a big and strong power forward with many skill elements in his game," Mayhem Head Coach Ryan Michel said. "He came highly recommended and I'm excited to give him this opportunity to prove himself at our level."
LindstrÃ¶m is expected to suit up for the Mayhem this weekend wearing the #4. The team hits the road this Friday to take on the Evansville Thunderbolts at the Ford Center, followed by a home tilt with the Fayetteville Marksmen on Saturday at the Macon Centreplex. Saturday's game is Teacher Appreciation Night; school faculty will be granted $10 admission by presenting a valid ID at the box office. For tickets, click here.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Marksmen Acquire Brett Johnson in Trade with Huntsville - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Mayhem Sign Anton Lindstrom - Macon Mayhem
- John Schiavo Returns to Huntsville in Deal with Fayetteville - Huntsville Havoc
- Watson Signs Second Three-Game Contract, Zemlicka Released - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Quad City, Fayetteville Swap Pair of Players - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Brodeur Departs Rivermen for Overseas Endeavors - Peoria Rivermen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.