Marksmen Acquire Brett Johnson in Trade with Huntsville
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - A turbulent day of transactions continues for the Fayetteville Marksmen as the team announces a trade with the Huntsville Havoc to finish Monday's moves.
In exchange for recently-acquired Forward John Schiavo - traded for today from the Quad City Storm - the Marksmen will receive rookie Forward Brett Johnson from the Havoc. Schiavo had played for the Havoc twice previously in his professional career, including helping them win the President's Cup at the end of the last season.
Johnson, 25, has had a successful start to his professional hockey career with the Havoc. In eight games played with the Havoc, the five-foot, eight-inch left-hander found his way to five points (2G+3A) for a +5 on the season.
This comes after an impressive collegiate career at Lebanon Valley College (NCAA DIII), where Johnson put up 98 points (44G+54A) in 75 games played - a perfect fit for him after just six points (5G+1A) in 22 games played at his initial collegiate home of SUNY-Morrisville.
Head Coach Jesse Kallechy expects production out of Johnson with the Marksmen.
"Brett is a guy who has thus far shown his ability to produce at the professional level, and has the resume from college that he knows how to find the back of the net," said Kallechy "We expect his ceiling to be high, and hope to see that potential come through with our team."
With this acquisition, a day marked by player-movement comes to an end for Fayetteville, with the team claiming Johnson, and the earlier-acquired Defenseman Josh Victor from the Quad City Storm.
Welcome to Fayetteville, Brett!
The Marksmen head home before the Holiday Season on December 13 at 7 P.M. for FIRST RESPONDERS / HOMETOWN HEROES NIGHT (pres. by Paddy's) and on December 14 at 6 P.M. for A PEANUTS CHRISTMAS / SOCKS AND UNDIES TOSS.
First Responders / Hometown Heroes Night (pres. by Paddy's) on Friday, December 13 is our way of saying Thank You to all the public servants in our community who keep us safe everyday. With discounted tickets for First Responders, Vehicles in front of the Crown, and much more, it'll be a night for celebrating everyday heroes.
A Peanuts Christmas / Socks and Undies Toss on Saturday, December 14 is our final game before Christmas, and we're making it a full Holiday celebration! With Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and Santa Claus in the building, the return of our 1-2-3 Concession Specials (pres. by Adam's Beverages), one-night-only specialty jerseys, a Post-Game Skate with the Players, and of course, our NEW Socks and Underwear Toss on the ice after our FIRST goal of the night, it's truly the perfect way to send you into the Christmas season.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Marksmen Acquire Brett Johnson in Trade with Huntsville - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Mayhem Sign Anton Lindstrom - Macon Mayhem
- John Schiavo Returns to Huntsville in Deal with Fayetteville - Huntsville Havoc
- Watson Signs Second Three-Game Contract, Zemlicka Released - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Quad City, Fayetteville Swap Pair of Players - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Brodeur Departs Rivermen for Overseas Endeavors - Peoria Rivermen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fayetteville Marksmen Stories
- Late-Game Huntsville Heroics Lead Havoc to Comeback Victory
- Rail Yard Dawgs Bite Back, Down Marksmen for First Time
- Defenseman Derian Hamilton Called up to ECHL
- Second Period Surge Secures Marksmen Victory
- Marksmen Acquire Brett Johnson in Trade with Huntsville