Warriors Earn Largest Win in Franchise History with 39-Point Victory over Clippers
ORLANDO, FL - The Santa Cruz Warriors (5-3) beat the Agua Caliente Clippers (3-5) Monday night, 129-90, earning their largest win in franchise history with the 39-point victory (previously 35 points on November 17, 2017).
The Warriors used a 24-8 run to end the third quarter with a 25-point advantage and extended the lead to as many as 42 points in the fourth quarter, tying the franchise-record for largest lead (previously done on November 10, 2017).
After trailing by four at the end of the first quarter, the Warriors outscored the Clippers 38-17 in the second frame to take a 17-point lead into the half, 68-51, setting a season high for first half points.
Santa Cruz shot 53.6 percent from the field (45-of-84), their highest field goal percent of the season. Warriors forward Axel Toupane led all scorers with 24 points (8-of-11 FG). Reserve center Kaleb Wesson added 19 points and seven rebounds, while guard Ryan Taylor went 6-of-9 from deep and finished with 23 points off the bench. Warriors assignment guard Jordan Poole and center Alen Smailagic each scored eight points.
Sacramento Kings assignment guard Jahm'ius Ramsey finished with 17 points and three rebounds. Donte Grantham added 13 points on 3-for-5 from deep. Santa Cruz held the Clippers to 36.6 percent from the field.
Santa Cruz will face the Iowa Wolves on February 23 at 4:30 p.m. (PST) on NBC Sports Bay Area Plus. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2021
- Warriors Earn Largest Win in Franchise History with 39-Point Victory over Clippers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Coats Fall to BayHawks for First Loss of Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Nets Knock off Ignite, 109-97 - NBA G League Ignite
- Charge Drop Monday Matinee to Knicks - Canton Charge
- Wolves Can't Hang on against Oklahoma City - Iowa Wolves
- Blue Beats Wolves for Sixth-Straight Victory - Oklahoma City Blue
- Knicks Reach .500 Following Nine Point Win over the Charge - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Coats Move to 7-0 with Win over Spurs - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.