Blue Coats Fall to BayHawks for First Loss of Season
ORLANDO - The Delaware Blue Coats (7-1), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Erie BayHawks (7-1), 115-110, on Monday at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Florida. Delaware entered the contest as the NBA G League's last unbeaten team.
Michael Frazier II led the Blue Coats with a season-high 32 points (12-24 FG, 4-9 3FG, 3-3 FT), four rebounds and four assists in a season-high 34 minutes. 76ers two-way contract player Rayjon Tucker finished with 18 points (5-13 FG, 5-6 FT), six rebounds and a game-high-tying six assists in a game-high 36 minutes. Justin Robinson also added 18 points, including 4-5 shooting from three-point range, with five rebounds, three assists and two steals for the Blue Coats.
76ers two-way contract player Paul Reed totaled 14 points (6-11 FG, 2-4 3FG), six rebounds, a season-high four assists and a season-high-tying three blocked shots. Teammate Ivan Rabb posted a game-high plus-18 rating with nine points and nine rebounds (five offensive).
Delaware led 63-49 at halftime. Erie shot 6-8 (.750) from three-point range in the fourth quarter.
For the BayHawks, Jarrod Uthoff scored a team-high 21 points (7-12 FG, 1-3 3FG, 5-5 FT) with six rebounds and three assists in a team-leading 31 minutes of play. New Orleans Pelicans two-way contract player Naji Marshall scored 14 of his 16 points (6-13 FG, 4-6 3FG) in the second half and finished with 10 rebounds for a double-double. Washington Wizards two-way contract player Cassius Winston, on flex assignment to the BayHawks, posted 19 points (6-13 FG, 5-10 3FG, 2-2 FT), five rebounds, a game-high-tying six assists and two blocks.
UP NEXT: The Blue Coats take on the Raptors 905 on Wednesday at 7 p.m. The 905 are currently 4-3 entering their Monday night meeting with the Memphis Hustle. Wednesday's Blue Coats-Raptors 905 game can be seen locally on DETV Channel 28 and heard on Rowan Radio 89.7 WGLS-FM.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2021
- Warriors Earn Largest Win in Franchise History with 39-Point Victory over Clippers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Coats Fall to BayHawks for First Loss of Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- Nets Knock off Ignite, 109-97 - NBA G League Ignite
- Charge Drop Monday Matinee to Knicks - Canton Charge
- Wolves Can't Hang on against Oklahoma City - Iowa Wolves
- Blue Beats Wolves for Sixth-Straight Victory - Oklahoma City Blue
- Knicks Reach .500 Following Nine Point Win over the Charge - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Coats Move to 7-0 with Win over Spurs - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.