Warriors Double up Pats, 6-3
Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats dropped a 6-3 decision in Moose Jaw to the Warriors on Saturday night.
In the first, the Warriors opened the scoring 29 seconds in. Kjell Kjemhus had a shot go off his leg and in to make it 1-0. The Pats got the game tied on a strange play. Moose Jaw pulled their goalie for the extra attacker with a delayed penalty against the Pats, however the Warriors scored into their own net to even the score. Austin Pratt was given credit with his 22nd. Moose Jaw took the lead back late in the frame on the powerplay and it was 2-1 after one. In the second, the Warriors went up 3-1 on an early goal from Tate Popple. Regina got back to within a goal halfway through the period, Sebastian Streu finished off his seventh, a powerplay marker and it was 3-2. The Warriors came back with two goals in a minute and a half to lead 5-2 and that was the score after 40 minutes. In the third, the Pats got back to within a pair thanks to a five on three powerplay goal from Ty Kolle, his 13th and it was 5-3. The Pats pulled the goalie late for the extra attacker, the Warriors scored into the empty net and took the contest, 6-3 the final score.
The Pats were outshot 31-24, the powerplay was two for five and the penalty kill five for six. Austin Pratt led the offence with a goal and an assist while Max Paddock made 25 saves.
The Pats (16-38-1-2) will return home to host the Kootenay ICE on Wednesday night at the Brandt Centre at 7 p.m.
Moose Jaw - Kjell Kjemhus (2) from Carson Denomie and Luke Ormsby - 0:29.
Regina - Austin Pratt (22) unassisted - 4:50.
Moose Jaw - Jett Woo (11) from Brayden Tracey and Justin Almeida - 18:31 PP.
Moose Jaw - Tate Popple (9) unassisted - 1:28.
Regina - Sebastian Streu (7) from Austin Pratt and Brady Pouteau - 10:05 PP.
Moose Jaw - Brayden Tracey (25) from Tristin Langan and Josh Brook - 11:16.
Moose Jaw - Tristin Langan (40) from Brayden Tracey and Justin Almeida - 12:40.
Regina - Ty Kolle (13) from Sergei Alkhimov - 6:00 5v3 PP.
Moose Jaw - Tate Popple (10) unassisted - 19:04 EN.
Shots on Goal
Regina 9-10-5-(24) Moose Jaw 11-14-6-(31)
Regina 2/5 Moose Jaw 1/6
- Austin Pratt has three goals and two assists in his last three games.
- The Pats are 4-5-0-1 in their last 10 games.
- Sebastian Streu has points in three straight, with a goal and two assists in that stretch.
The Pats will return home to host the Kootenay ICE on Wednesday night at the Brandt Centre at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at reginapats.com, the Brandt Centre Box Office and at any Regina Safeway, where Fun Zone tickets are $13 plus tax.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2019
- Hitmen Sweep Medicine Hat - Calgary Hitmen
- Raiders Fall To Wheat Kings In Brandon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Warriors Double up Pats, 6-3 - Regina Pats
- Preview: Blades Roll into Lethbridge for Clash with Canes - Saskatoon Blades
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland vs. Red Deer - Game #56 - Portland Winterhawks
- Game 57 vs Calgary - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, February 16 at Medicine Hat - Calgary Hitmen
- Wheat Kings Win Big on the Road - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Preview: Pats Hit the Road to Moose Jaw to Take on the Warriors Saturday - Regina Pats
- ICE Fall 8-3 to Red-Hot Saskatoon Blades - Kootenay Ice
- Cougars Now Winless in 14 - Prince George Cougars
- Kindopp Pair Lifts 'Tips - Everett Silvertips
- T-Birds Get Fancy to Chase Down Rebels - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Rebels Collapse in Second Period, Fall to T-Birds Despite Third-Period Rally - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Take Down Cougars - Victoria Royals
- Giants Hold off Chiefs to Earn Sixth Straight Win - Vancouver Giants
- Blades Carve ICE in Cranbrook Farewell - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Held by Everett, 3-1 - Kelowna Rockets
- Slow Start Hurts Broncos in 7-2 Loss to Canes - Swift Current Broncos
- Ams Hold Early Lead, Beat Blazers 5-3 - Tri-City Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Pats Store Headed to Cornwall Centre for Holiday Shopping Season
- Pats Join T's for Toys in Support of Eagle Heart Centre
- Tickets Now Available for Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Saskatchewan WHL Clubs Partner to Launch Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Pats acquire defenceman Tom Cadieux from Tri-City