Preview: Blades Roll into Lethbridge for Clash with Canes
Saskatoon Blades (36-13-8-0) at Lethbridge Hurricanes (29-16-5-5)
Date | Time Saturday, Feb. 16th | 8:00 pm CST
Place Enmax Centre, Lethbridge, Alta.
Video Stream WHL Live
Radio 98 COOL FM | Pre-Game Show w/ Les Lazaruk @ 7:00pm
Mobile App Apple | Android
Next Home Game 7:00pm Saturday, February 23rd vs Kootenay
Social Media @BladesHockey | Facebook | Instagram
Watch Party Shoeless Joes Sports Grill
Tale of the Tape
Saskatoon Blades(36-13-8-0 - 80pts) 2nd - East Division 2nd - Eastern Conference PP- 56/247 = 22.7% (6th in WHL) PK- 153/194 = 78.9% (10th in WHL) Last 5: (5-0-0-0) Streak: (10-0-2-0)
Lethbridge Hurricanes (29-16-5-5 - 68pts) 2nd - Central Division 5th - Eastern Conference PP- 49/206 = 23.8% (4th in WHL) PK- 183/243 = 75.3% (18th in WHL) Last 5: (2-1-1-1) Streak: (2-0-0-0)
The Blades wrap up a 3-game road trip tonight in Lethbridge riding a 6-game winning streak and 12-game unbeaten streak of 10-0-2-0. During the 6-game streak, the Blades have scored a total of 37 goals, averaging over 6 goals for per game. Tonight is the third game in four nights for both teams. It's also game 3 of a 4-game season series, which is tied. The road team has won each of the previous meetings... Saskatoon 3-2 in a shootout on Oct. 6th and Lethbridge 3-1 on Nov. 21st in Saskatoon.
The magic number...
is currently 5, meaning any combination of the Blades gaining points or the Brandon Wheat Kings losing games count towards the 5-point goal to clinch a spot in the post-season. The Wheat Kings are at home tonight to the Prince Albert Raiders.
The last game...
Kyle Crnkovic (8,9), Ryan Hughes (21,22), and Eric Florchuk (19,20) each had 2 goals in an 8-3 rout of the Kootenay ICE last night in Cranbrook. Chase Wouters (14) and Max Gerlach (36) also scored for the Blades who went 3/5 on the power play. Dorrin Luding made 25 saves in goal for his 7th win.
Who isn't? Dawson Davidson had 2 assists last night, his 5th straight multi-point game... Kyle Crnkovic had 2G-2A last night, giving the rookie 6 points in his last 3GP... Max Gerlach had 2 points last night extending his point streak to 13 games, he has goals (9) in 7 of his last 8 games... Chase Wouters has goals in 3 straight games and 7 points in those last 3 outings.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2019
- Hitmen Sweep Medicine Hat - Calgary Hitmen
- Raiders Fall To Wheat Kings In Brandon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Warriors Double up Pats, 6-3 - Regina Pats
- Preview: Blades Roll into Lethbridge for Clash with Canes - Saskatoon Blades
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland vs. Red Deer - Game #56 - Portland Winterhawks
- Game 57 vs Calgary - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, February 16 at Medicine Hat - Calgary Hitmen
- Wheat Kings Win Big on the Road - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Preview: Pats Hit the Road to Moose Jaw to Take on the Warriors Saturday - Regina Pats
- ICE Fall 8-3 to Red-Hot Saskatoon Blades - Kootenay Ice
- Cougars Now Winless in 14 - Prince George Cougars
- Kindopp Pair Lifts 'Tips - Everett Silvertips
- T-Birds Get Fancy to Chase Down Rebels - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Rebels Collapse in Second Period, Fall to T-Birds Despite Third-Period Rally - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Take Down Cougars - Victoria Royals
- Giants Hold off Chiefs to Earn Sixth Straight Win - Vancouver Giants
- Blades Carve ICE in Cranbrook Farewell - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Held by Everett, 3-1 - Kelowna Rockets
- Slow Start Hurts Broncos in 7-2 Loss to Canes - Swift Current Broncos
- Ams Hold Early Lead, Beat Blazers 5-3 - Tri-City Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.