Preview: Blades Roll into Lethbridge for Clash with Canes
Saskatoon Blades (36-13-8-0) at Lethbridge Hurricanes (29-16-5-5)
Date | Time Saturday, Feb. 16th | 8:00 pm CST
Place Enmax Centre, Lethbridge, Alta.
Video Stream WHL Live
Radio 98 COOL FM | Pre-Game Show w/ Les Lazaruk @ 7:00pm
Mobile App Apple | Android
Next Home Game 7:00pm Saturday, February 23rd vs Kootenay
Social Media @BladesHockey | Facebook | Instagram
Watch Party Shoeless Joes Sports Grill
Tale of the Tape
Saskatoon Blades(36-13-8-0 - 80pts) 2nd - East Division 2nd - Eastern Conference PP- 56/247 = 22.7% (6th in WHL) PK- 153/194 = 78.9% (10th in WHL) Last 5: (5-0-0-0) Streak: (10-0-2-0)
Lethbridge Hurricanes (29-16-5-5 - 68pts) 2nd - Central Division 5th - Eastern Conference PP- 49/206 = 23.8% (4th in WHL) PK- 183/243 = 75.3% (18th in WHL) Last 5: (2-1-1-1) Streak: (2-0-0-0)
The Blades wrap up a 3-game road trip tonight in Lethbridge riding a 6-game winning streak and 12-game unbeaten streak of 10-0-2-0. During the 6-game streak, the Blades have scored a total of 37 goals, averaging over 6 goals for per game. Tonight is the third game in four nights for both teams. It's also game 3 of a 4-game season series, which is tied. The road team has won each of the previous meetings... Saskatoon 3-2 in a shootout on Oct. 6th and Lethbridge 3-1 on Nov. 21st in Saskatoon.
The magic number...
is currently 5, meaning any combination of the Blades gaining points or the Brandon Wheat Kings losing games count towards the 5-point goal to clinch a spot in the post-season. The Wheat Kings are at home tonight to the Prince Albert Raiders.
The last game...
Kyle Crnkovic (8,9), Ryan Hughes (21,22), and Eric Florchuk (19,20) each had 2 goals in an 8-3 rout of the Kootenay ICE last night in Cranbrook. Chase Wouters (14) and Max Gerlach (36) also scored for the Blades who went 3/5 on the power play. Dorrin Luding made 25 saves in goal for his 7th win.
Who isn't? Dawson Davidson had 2 assists last night, his 5th straight multi-point game... Kyle Crnkovic had 2G-2A last night, giving the rookie 6 points in his last 3GP... Max Gerlach had 2 points last night extending his point streak to 13 games, he has goals (9) in 7 of his last 8 games... Chase Wouters has goals in 3 straight games and 7 points in those last 3 outings.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2019
- Hitmen Sweep Medicine Hat - Calgary Hitmen
- Raiders Fall To Wheat Kings In Brandon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Warriors Double up Pats, 6-3 - Regina Pats
- Preview: Blades Roll into Lethbridge for Clash with Canes - Saskatoon Blades
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland vs. Red Deer - Game #56 - Portland Winterhawks
- Game 57 vs Calgary - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, February 16 at Medicine Hat - Calgary Hitmen
- Wheat Kings Win Big on the Road - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Preview: Pats Hit the Road to Moose Jaw to Take on the Warriors Saturday - Regina Pats
- ICE Fall 8-3 to Red-Hot Saskatoon Blades - Kootenay Ice
- Cougars Now Winless in 14 - Prince George Cougars
- Kindopp Pair Lifts 'Tips - Everett Silvertips
- T-Birds Get Fancy to Chase Down Rebels - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Rebels Collapse in Second Period, Fall to T-Birds Despite Third-Period Rally - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Take Down Cougars - Victoria Royals
- Giants Hold off Chiefs to Earn Sixth Straight Win - Vancouver Giants
- Blades Carve ICE in Cranbrook Farewell - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Held by Everett, 3-1 - Kelowna Rockets
- Slow Start Hurts Broncos in 7-2 Loss to Canes - Swift Current Broncos
- Ams Hold Early Lead, Beat Blazers 5-3 - Tri-City Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatoon Blades Stories
- Four Former Blades to Compete in 2020 NHL Playoffs
- Blades Mourn the Passing of Former Captain Ralph Klassen
- Four Former Blades Invited to NHL Return to Play Rosters
- Blades Select Budding Star Brad Lambert in CHL Import Draft
- Blades Hire Jeff Harvey as Goaltending Coach