Vipers WR CJ Johnson snags AFL's Ironman Award
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - Wide receiver CJ Johnson played a huge role in Alabama's 75-67 win against previously unbeaten Milwaukee Saturday night and the Arena Football League recognized that fact on Tuesday.
Johnson has been named the AFL's JLS Ironman of the Week after the former Tennessee State standout and AFL veteran caught seven passes for 91 yards and three touchdowns and returned three kickoffs for 71.
He currently leads the AFL with 920 all-purpose yards and has 25 receptions for 387 yards and six touchdowns on the year.
Alabama (3-1) plays at Tulsa (2-2) on Saturday. The Vipers return home May 15 to face the Tampa Bay Storm at the Von Braun Center. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. and the first 1,500 fans 14-and-under will receive a Kids Cap compliments of Coca-Cola.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from May 4, 2010
- DeAndrew Rubin Named Nifty Player of the Week - Tampa Bay Storm
- Greisen Earns Offensive Player Of The Week Honors - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Vipers WR CJ Johnson snags AFL's Ironman Award - Alabama Vipers
- Talons To Coach And Referee At Union This Friday - Tulsa Talons
- Blaze WR Chris Francies Earns League Honors - Utah Blaze
- Yard Dawgz Weekly Game Preview - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Brent Holmes Earns AFL Honors For Week 5 - Cleveland Gladiators
- Johnson, Greisen And Varner Earn Week 5 Honors - AFL
- Chicago Rush Signs Dodge And Ram Truck Brands As Marketing Partners For 2010 Season - Chicago Rush
- Yard Dawgz Top Lineman Signs With CFL - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.