Vipers acquire QB Porter from Manchester; WR Ronnie Elliott reassigned
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The Tennessee Valley Vipers have acquired former Manchester quarterback Ryan Porter in exchange for future considerations and have also placed former Lee High and Duke wide receiver Ronnie Elliott on reassignment.
Porter reported Thursday and will be in uniform Saturday night when the Vipers (4-3) play at Fort Wayne (2-5). Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on WVNN 92.5 FM and 770 AM.
Porter (6-foot-4, 212 pounds) was 3-1 as a starter for the Wolves earlier this season, completing 80 of 124 passes for 791 yards and 22 touchdowns.
"Ryan has had some tremendous reps this season,'' said Vipers coach Milt Theodosatos, whose team will be looking for its third straight road victory. "He looks good and now we'll get to find out just how good he is."
Porter spent time in Bakersfield, Rio Grande and Central Valley during the 2006 season. The Highland, Calif., native threw for 399 yards and four touchdowns while also rushing for another in a total of eight games between the teams. Prior to the af2, Porter made three stops during his college career, starting at San Bernardino Valley College where he threw 15 touchdowns and passed for 1,251 yards in just five games. He then transferred to Washington where he participated on its 2001 Rose Bowl team and then made a final stop at Missouri State.
Elliott had caught 11 passes for 116 yards and four touchdowns in five games for the Vipers.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 24, 2007
- Conquest announce transactions - Albany Firebirds
- af2 Week 9: Quick Hitters - af2
- Dusters Announce Another Addition - Amarillo Venom
- Manchester Wolves From The Den (5-24-07) - Manchester Wolves
- Vipers acquire QB Porter from Manchester; WR Ronnie Elliott reassigned - Alabama Vipers
- Blizzard Crack Top Ten in Coaches Poll - Green Bay Blizzard
- Louisville Fire Go Full "Steam" Ahead - Louisville Fire
- Former Duke Quarterback and Sharon, PA Native Gets First Career Start - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Jungle Kats Host Steeldogs Saturday for "White-Out Night" - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Fusion Prepares for Second Half of Season - Fort Wayne Fusion
- Former Duke Quarterback And Sharon, Pa Native Gets First Career Start - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Alabama Aims for First Road Win - Alabama Steeldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.