Vertes Gets Hat Trick, But the Wings Comeback Falls Short on Day 1
Lone Star 5 vs. Aberdeen 4 - The Brahmas scored four goals in the 2nd period and then survived a furious comeback attempt in the 3rd period by the Wings to pick up their first win of the 2019-20 season thanks to a 5-4 win over the defending Robertson Cup Champion Wings. Lone Star took a 1-0 lead thanks to a 1st period goal from Sam Brennan. Aberdeen would answer early in the 2nd period on a goal from Riley Murphy. Lone Star then broke out for four straight goals in the 2nd period, which included tallies from Noah Roofe, Michal Stinil, Matthew Rickard, and Thomas Daskas. In the 3rd period, the Wings got three straight goals from Natan Vertes, but it would not be enough as their comeback fell a goal short. Brahmas goalie Ludvig Persson made 22 saves in the win, while Jake Sibell made 14 saves in the loss.
The Wings will be back in action Thursday morning with an 11am puck drop vs. The Wilkes Barre Scranton Knights. You can watch all the action at Buffalo Wings & Rings in Aberdeen or by logging on to Hockeytv.com! Tune into 94.1 The Rock, HubCityRadio.com or The Rock App to listen to Wings Hockey All Season Long!
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from September 19, 2019
- Blizzard Knock off Pilots 5-2 in Thursday Matinee - Topeka Pilots
- Bugs Suffer First Loss of Season - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Black Bears Fall to Ice Dogs in Second NAHL Showcase Game - Maryland Black Bears
- IceRays Take Down Steel Thursday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Carlin's Overtime Winner Tops Minot for Second Straight Win - Amarillo Bulls
- Jackalopes Blank Generals 1-0 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Vertes Gets Hat Trick, But the Wings Comeback Falls Short on Day 1 - Aberdeen Wings
- Mudbugs Shutout Steel - Shreveport Mudbugs
- IceRays Start Showcase with Shootout Win against St. Cloud - Corpus Christi IceRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.