Veilleux Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - It was announced today that the Pittsburgh Penguins have assigned forward Keven Veilleux to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton from the Nailers.
Originally assigned to Wheeling on Nov. 5, Veilleux posted a goal and an assist in three contests. It was the first game action for the 23-year old since May 4, 2011 after an injury suffered during the preseason last September cost him the entire 2011-12 season.
Veilleux, a second-round draft pick (51st overall) of Pittsburgh in 2007, recorded 12 goals, 24 assists and 122 penalty minutes over 66 games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in 2010-11.
Wheeling's next home game takes place on November 21st, when the Evansville IceMen make their first ever visit to WesBanco Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2012
- Veilleux Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Titans' Streak at Six; Fall to Reading in Shootout, 4-3 - Trenton Titans
- Hunwick Shines in Victory over Walleye - South Carolina Stingrays
- Late Orlando Rally Comes up Short in 2-1 Loss to Gwinnett - Orlando Solar Bears
- Jackson, Lee Lead Gwinnett to Eighth Straight Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - November 11 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs.Gwinnett Gladiators Today - November 11 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Titans Gameday - Game 12 vs Reading - Trenton Titans
- ECHL Today - November 11 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit Walleye on Veterans Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reign Corral Bulls in 7-0 Shutout - Ontario Reign
- Aces Take 6-4 Win, Complete Sweep of Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Aces Sweep Wranglers with 6-4 Win - Alaska Aces
- Idaho Rallies for Shootout Win - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.