Vaughn Taylor to Make Appearance at SRP Park, Saturday August 24th
NORTH AUGUSTA, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, are excited to announce that on Saturday, August 24th, while the GreenJackets take on the Lexington Legends (Kansas City Royals) at 6:05 p.m., profession-al golfer, 3x winner on the PGA Tour, and CSRA native, Vaughn Taylor, will make an appearance at SRP Park. Taylor will be available to sign autographs (6:25-7:00pm) and throw out a first pitch before the game begins. Vaughn is also the tournament host for the Vaughn Taylor Championship presented by James Hardie, a local AJGA event that has received 8 national awards in its 9 years with Vaughn as the host. All Volunteers for this event have been invited to the game as well.
"We are really looking forward to having Vaughn Taylor at SRP Park on Saturday night," GreenJackets Vice President Tom Denlinger said. "To have one of the best golfers to ever come out of the CSRA at our ballpark is certainly going to energize our fans as we continue to try and make a playoff push."
Taylor grew up in Augusta and went to Hephzibah High School before moving on to play at Augusta State University. He got his world ranking as high as 37th back in 2007, and his most recent win on the PGA Tour came in 2016 when he won the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
Saturday's game will be one of the biggest of the year, with plenty of fun for everyone in the family. Join us at 4:30 for the State Farm Family Saturday presented by Anthony and London Thuan with the band from First Baptist North Augusta entertaining on the main concourse. The GreenJackets will be wearing their special Cancer Awareness jerseys that fans can bid on during the game with proceeds benefitting Unite in the Fight. Fans who win the jerseys will get to go on the field after the game to get their jersey signed by the player and get a picture. The evening will be capped off with a booming fireworks show presented by Helm Electric, and Kids 12 and under can run the bases.
It will also be Mystery Ball & Bobblehead Night. The GreenJackets have collected autographed baseballs and signature bobbleheads from different MLB and MiLB teams across the nation and fans can purchase one for $15 with all proceeds benefitting the Children's Hospital of Georgia. Fans will have the opportunity to win signatures of current GreenJackets players, 2019 Hall of Famer Lee Smith, Giants catcher Buster Posey, 2008 Hall of Famer Goose Gossage and many more.
Fans who want to get an early start on the day can run in the Annual AU Run for the GreenJackets 5K which is a benefit run for the Augusta University Cross Country and Track and Field Program. Online registration is closed but you can register at Fleet Feet Augusta on Friday, August 23rd from 5-7 or on Saturday morning at SRP Park prior to the 7:30am shotgun start. Registration includes a General Admission ticket the fun Saturday evening at SRP Park, a GreenJackets collector's hat, coupons and more!
To get tickets, go to GreenJacketsbaseball.com or call (803) 349-WINS (9467).
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 22, 2019
- 'Hoppers Batter 'Birds in Finale - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Walk-Off Magic Continues as 'Dads Win 3-2 - Hickory Crawdads
- Offense Stumbles in 3-0 Loss to Asheville - Augusta GreenJackets
- Legends Salvage Series with Flame Throwing Hernandez - Lexington Legends
- Dogs Pitching Falters Late as Charleston Drops Finale - Charleston RiverDogs
- Bush Outpitches Corry to Clinch Series for Asheville - Asheville Tourists
- Molina Collects Three Hits in Finale, Bad Luck Dooms Fireflies in Extras - Columbia Fireflies
- Morales, Santos Sharp But Claws Fall 1-0 Thursday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Game Notes (August 22) - West Virginia Power
- Power Scores Six Unanswered Runs to Take Finale - West Virginia Power
- Suns Take Series with Shutout - Hagerstown Suns
- Fireflies Roster Move and Game Notes: August 22 at Hickory (Game 125) - Columbia Fireflies
- Vaughn Taylor to Make Appearance at SRP Park, Saturday August 24th - Augusta GreenJackets
- Swanson joins Rome Braves on ML Rehab - Rome Braves
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Promotional Notes (August 23-25) - West Virginia Power
- Kannapolis Vision Becomes Reality - 2020 Home Opener April 16th - Kannapolis Intimidators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Augusta GreenJackets Stories
- GreenJackets Awarded the Charles K. Murphy Patriot Award
- : Jackets Season Ends in Lexington
- Playoff Notes: Game 2, SALSCS at Lexington Legends, 7:05 p.m., Whitaker Bank Ballpark
- Lexington Takes Game #1 with 2-1 Victory
- Playoff Notes: Game 1, SALSCS vs Lexington Legends, 7:05 p.m., SRP Park