Vancouver topped 9-3 out at Memorial Stadium; losing grip on 1st half pennant chase
(Memorial Stadium - Boise, ID) - A three-run home run off the bat of Boise CF Trey Martin in the bottom of the 2nd inning was enough to sink the Vancouver Canadians on Saturday night as the Hawks trounced the C's 9-3 to even this current five-game series at two games a piece.
Canadians starter RHP Ben White struggled early allowing a run in the home half of the 1st and then in the bottom of the 2nd inning, CF Trey Martin slammed his 2nd home run of the summer that scored both 1B Rock Shoulders and RF Xavier Batista giving the Hawks a 5-0 lead.
Vancouver's offensive production got started in the top of the 4th inning when SS Jorge Flores hit his 1st home run of the summer to lead off the frame. 1B Jordan Leyland would hit his 2nd double of the season shortly after that scored DH Balbino Fuenmayor from first base after the hulking Venezuelan reached base on a single to center field.
Boise would grab a quartet of runs in the bottom of the 6th inning which included a triple from CF Trey Martin that scored RF Xavier Batista to push Boise over the top.
Vancouver would cash in a lone run in the top of the 9th inning when C Tucker Frawley would single off of Boise reliever RHP Rafael Diplan and come around to score on a double from 2B Dan Arcila making the final 9-3 Boise.
With the loss, Vancouver falls to 16-12 (.571) on the season while the Hawks improve to 10-19 (.345).
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 15, 2012
- Canadians Take Series Finale In Boise With 5-4 Win - Vancouver Canadians
- Bears Survive Battle Of The Bullpens - Yakima Bears
- Sox Blanked by Dust Devils, 7-0 - Everett AquaSox
- Sox Take Game 1 over Tri-City, 6-3 - Everett AquaSox
- Stellar Sadzeck Flirts with No-Hitter as Indians Fall in Extras to Emeralds 3-1 - Spokane Indians
- Bears win seventh-straight series - Yakima Bears
- Frogs Win Game 2 against Dust Devils, 5-1 - Everett AquaSox
- Boise Hawks end two-game losing streak - Boise Hawks
- Vancouver topped 9-3 out at Memorial Stadium; losing grip on 1st half pennant chase - Vancouver Canadians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Canadians Stories
- Canadians Baron Receives 3rd Consecutive Sports Turf Manager of the Year Award
- Robertson Named NWL Player of the Week
- C's Swept in Season Finale; Fall 3-1 to Everett
- C's Fall 11-3 in Everett on Sunday Afternoon
- C's Just Can't Catch Everett; Fall 5-3 on Saturday