Sox Blanked by Dust Devils, 7-0
EVERETT, Wash. - The AquaSox were shutout Sunday, losing 7-0 against the Dust Devils to snap a six-game winning streak. The Frogs were only able to muster four hits on the day in front of 3,468 fans at Memorial Stadium.
The Sox had a tough time getting to Tri-City starter Shane Broyles (3-0, 1.80 ERA), who tossed eight scoreless innings to earn the win. Everett didn't advance a runner to third base until the seventh and eighth inning, and failed to cash in both times.
Mike Zunino started in his second game with the AquaSox and was the designated hitter. The third-overall selection in the 2012 MLB draft went 1-for-4; he grounded out to shortstop in his first at-bat, singled on a line drive up the middle his second time up and struck out swinging in his final two at-bats.
Righty Ambioris Hidalgo (1-2, 5.49 ERA) started for the Sox and earned the loss. The Dominican Republic native went five innings, giving up four runs (three earned) on six hits and no walks while striking out three.
The AquaSox (22-8) will look to return to their winning ways Monday when they begin an eight-game road trip. The team will visit Salem-Keizer for a three-game series, followed by five games in Yakima. Right-hander Jose Valdivia will be on the bump Monday for the AquaSox.
The Frogs return home Tuesday, July 24 for a six-game homestand beginning with a three-game set against the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes.
For information about tickets, visit the AquaSox stadium store at 3802 Broadway in Everett, call 425-258-3675 or log onto aquasox.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 15, 2012
- Canadians Take Series Finale In Boise With 5-4 Win - Vancouver Canadians
- Bears Survive Battle Of The Bullpens - Yakima Bears
- Sox Blanked by Dust Devils, 7-0 - Everett AquaSox
- Sox Take Game 1 over Tri-City, 6-3 - Everett AquaSox
- Stellar Sadzeck Flirts with No-Hitter as Indians Fall in Extras to Emeralds 3-1 - Spokane Indians
- Bears win seventh-straight series - Yakima Bears
- Frogs Win Game 2 against Dust Devils, 5-1 - Everett AquaSox
- Boise Hawks end two-game losing streak - Boise Hawks
- Vancouver topped 9-3 out at Memorial Stadium; losing grip on 1st half pennant chase - Vancouver Canadians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett AquaSox Stories
- Everett AquaSox Named 2020 NWL Undefeated Champions
- Everett AquaSox 2020 Season Officially Canceled
- Northwest League Delays 2020 Season
- Time Is Almost up Sign up for the Funko Field At-Home 5K TODAY
- Everett AquaSox Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign