Boise Hawks end two-game losing streak
BOISE, Idaho - Trey Martin and Marco Hernandez combined to drive in seven runs, as the Boise Hawks ended a two-game losing streak with a 9-3 victory over the Vancouver Canadians at Memorial Stadium.
Martin hit a long three-run homer in the second inning to give Boise a 4-0 lead, with Hernandez adding an RBI double in the frame to push the lead to 5-0. The Canadians would cut into the lead in the fourth, as Jorge Flores hit a solo homer and Jordan Leyland doubled in a run, then load the bases in the fifth - but Pete Levitt got Balbino Fuenmayor to hit a come-backer to the mound to end the inning.
Boise would put the game away in the sixth, as Martin tripled home a run, Hernandez doubled home two more, and Stephen Bruno blooped an RBI single to right.
Levitt picked up his first win of the season, tossing one and two-thirds innings of shutout relief. Martin went 2-for-4 with four RBI, Hernandez went 2-for-4 with three RBI, with Gioskar Amaya and Rock Shoulders each logging two hits.
Ben White took the loss for Vancouver, allowing six runs on seven hits in five-plus innings. Leyland and Tucker Frawley had the lone two-hit games for the C's.
The rubber game of the series is tomorrow night at 7:15 p.m. - as Felix Pena meets Taylor Cole.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 15, 2012
- Canadians Take Series Finale In Boise With 5-4 Win - Vancouver Canadians
- Bears Survive Battle Of The Bullpens - Yakima Bears
- Sox Blanked by Dust Devils, 7-0 - Everett AquaSox
- Sox Take Game 1 over Tri-City, 6-3 - Everett AquaSox
- Stellar Sadzeck Flirts with No-Hitter as Indians Fall in Extras to Emeralds 3-1 - Spokane Indians
- Bears win seventh-straight series - Yakima Bears
- Frogs Win Game 2 against Dust Devils, 5-1 - Everett AquaSox
- Boise Hawks end two-game losing streak - Boise Hawks
- Vancouver topped 9-3 out at Memorial Stadium; losing grip on 1st half pennant chase - Vancouver Canadians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boise Hawks Stories
- Boise Hawks Release 2020 Promotional Schedule
- Three Former Boise Hawks Invited to Rockies' Spring Training
- Boise Hawks, Colorado Rockies Announce 2020 Field Staff
- Hawks Announce Sixth Annual Winter Glove Drive
- Boise Hawks Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball