Utah Jazz Assign Jeremy Evans to NBA D-League Affiliate Utah Flash
March 4, 2011 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK, Mar. 4, 2011 - Utah Jazz forward Jeremy Evans was assigned to the Utah Flash, the Jazz's NBA Development League affiliate, it was announced today. The assignment marks the 43rd time in the 2010-11 season an NBA player has been assigned to an NBA D-League affiliate, and it is the first assignment for Evans, a rookie out of Western Kentucky.
Evans (6-9, 196) has appeared in 32 games this season with the Jazz, averaging 3.2 points and 1.4 rebounds in 6.6 minutes. Evans has scored in double figures twice this season, logging 11 points in 11 minutes in his NBA debut against Denver on Oct. 27, and scoring 10 points in eight minutes against the Lakers on Jan. 25.
The Jazz selected Evans in the second round (55th overall) of the 2010 NBA Draft. In four seasons at Western Kentucky, Evans carried averages of 7.9 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.7 blocks, becoming the school's all-time leader in field goal percentage (.639) and blocked shots (224). He averaged 10.0 points and 6.9 rebounds as a senior, leading the Sun Belt Conference in field goal percentage (.649) that year.
Evans is the 32nd individual player to be assigned to an NBA D-League affiliate this season, which ties an all-time high set in 2008-09.
Evans is expected to join the Flash for the team's home games against the New Mexico Thunderbirds on Friday and Saturday. Saturday's game will be televised nationally by VERSUS at 11 p.m. ET. Jazz fans can keep track of Evans and the Flash by logging onto nba.com/dleague to watch every game live, online, for free.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2011
- Flash Improve Win Streak Against Thunderbirds - Utah Flash
- T-Birds Drop First of Two Games Against Utah - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Tulsa Stays Hot, Downs Erie 103-97 - Erie BayHawks
- Franchise-record Crowd Achieved At The Massmutual Center - Springfield Armor
- 66ers Record 103-97 Road Win Over Bayhawks - Tulsa 66ers
- Red Claws Overpowered by League-Leading Iowa, 99-90 - Maine Red Claws
- Green Leads Bighorns Over Ft. Wayne, 118-98 - Reno Bighorns
- Jam Trade Taylor for 2011 Pick - Bakersfield Jam
- Energy Make Pair of Trade-Deadline Deals - Iowa Wolves
- Thunderbirds Game to be Televised on Versus - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Vipers Make Deal Before Trade Deadline - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Red Claws Acquire Winder from Vipers as Part of Three Team Deal - Maine Red Claws
- Utah Jazz Assign Jeremy Evans to Utah Flash - Utah Flash
- Utah Jazz Assign Jeremy Evans to NBA D-League Affiliate Utah Flash - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Energy's Othyus Jeffers Signs with San Antonio Spurs - Iowa Wolves
- Iowa's Othyus Jeffers Signs with San Antonio - G League
- Stampede Cruises to Victory Over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.