United Acquire $200K, a 2020 SuperDraft Pick and a 2018
United acquire $200K, a 2020 SuperDraft pick and a 2018 International roster slot from Portland for the rights to Eryk Williamson
WASHINGTON (January 23, 2018) - WASHINGTON (January 23, 2018) - United have acquired $200,000 in Allocation Money, a second round pick in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft and a 2018 International roster slot from the Portland Timbers in exchange for the rights to academy product Eryk Williamson. The Black-and-Red will receive $100,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) in 2018 and $100,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) in 2019. United will also receive 50% of any future transfer fee outside of MLS as well as a 2020 second round MLS SuperDraft pick.
Williamson was a product of the D.C. United academy after impressing coaches during his time with Development Academy partner club Arlington Soccer Association. He joined the Black-and-Red academy in 2014 and went on to play collegiately at the University of Maryland the following year. After three seasons with the Terrapins, Williamson scored 14 goals and recorded 13 assists in 58 appearances. In 2017, Williamson earned the Big Ten Midfielder of the Year award and a first-team All-Big Ten selection.
Williamson scored two goals and recorded two assists in 15 appearances for the U.S. Under-20 Youth National Team. Most recently, he appeared in the 2017 Under-20 World Cup, featured in all five fixtures and recorded an assist in the 6-0 win against New Zealand on June 1.
Transaction: United acquire $100,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM), $100,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM), a 2018 International roster slot, 50% of any future transfer fee outside of MLS and a 2020 second round MLS SuperDraft pick from the Portland Timbers in exchange for the rights to academy product Eryk Williamson.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 24, 2018
- LA Galaxy to Face Fresno FC in Santa Barbara During 2018 Preseason - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Spectrum SportsNet and Spectrum Deportes Announce 2018 LA Galaxy - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Eriq Zavaleta Re-Signs with Toronto FC - Toronto FC
- Timbers Acquire Homegrown Player Rights for Midfielder Eryk - Portland Timbers
- United Acquire $200K, a 2020 SuperDraft Pick and a 2018 - D.C. United
- Sounders FC Loans Midfielder Aaron Kovar to Los Angeles FC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Re-Signs MLS Goalkeeping Icon Nick Rimando to Multi-Year Contract - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Chris Pontius - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Utah Royals FC Add NWSL Champions Erika Tymrak and Mandy Laddish to Inaugural Roster - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting KC Signs Defender Matt Lewis as Homegrown Player - Sporting Kansas City
- ALGERIAN INTERNATIONAL SAPHIR TAIDER JOINS IMPACT - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.