United Acquire $200,000 in Allocation Money from LAFC in Exchange
PHILADELPHIA - United have acquired $200,000 in allocation money from Los Angeles FC in exchange for the 3rd overall pick in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft. The Black-and-Red received $100,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) and $100,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM).
It was United's only pick in the first two rounds of the 2018 MLS SuperDraft after previously trading away their other selections. On Jan. 18, 2018, United traded their natural second round pick (#26) in exchange for Vancouver's veteran goalkeeper David Ousted.
The third and fourth rounds of the 2018 MLS SuperDraft will be conducted via conference call on Sunday, Jan. 21. United have their natural 49th overall pick in the third round and in the fourth round they hold the 71st pick (acquired via trade with LA Galaxy in Dec. 2016 ), the 74th pick (acquired via trade with Minnesota United FC in Jan. 2016 ), and the 91st overall pick (acquired via trade with Seattle Sounders in Aug. 2017 ). The Black-and-Red traded their natural fourth-round selection, the 72nd overall pick, originally a conditional selection, in exchange for midfielder Marcelo Sarvas on Feb. 1, 2016.
It was the first time since the 2010 MLS SuperDraft that United did not select a player in the first or second round.
United unveiled their new primary jersey for the 2018 season prior to the MLS SuperDraft. It will be the first home kit worn at the Black-and-Red's new soccer-specific stadium, Audi Field. The jersey design was influenced by factors specific to the District of Columbia.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 20, 2018
- United Acquire $200,000 in Allocation Money from LAFC in Exchange - D.C. United
- Timbers Sign Forward Foster Langsdorf as Homegrown Player for 2018 - Portland Timbers
- New York Red Bulls Take Home Two MLS Club Executive Awards - New York Red Bulls
- Philadelphia Union Sign Homegrown Defender Mark McKenzie - Philadelphia Union
- Utah Royals FC Select Duke Goalkeeper EJ Proctor in NWSL Draft - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting KC Acquires Defender Emiliano Amor - Sporting Kansas City
- Philadelphia Union Sign Homegrown Defender Matthew Real - Philadelphia Union
- SPR to Play 2018 Home Games at SM South District Stadium - Sporting Kansas City
- Top Southern California Youth Teams Added to LA Galaxy C - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Canadian International Full-Back Michael Petrasso Joins Impact - Montreal Impact
- Professional Referee Organization Promotes Howard Webb to GM - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- United Announce That UMD and UVA Will Play at Audi Field in September
- Audi Field to Host Washington Spirit and Portland Thorns on August 25
- Date Changed for United's Away Game against LAFC in May
- D.C. United and Fanatics Announce Multichannel Retail Partnership for Audi Field
- Date Changed for United's Away Game against Toronto FC in April