Tyler Biggs To Play For U.S. National Under-17 Development Team
CINCINNATI, Ohio - Forward Tyler Biggs announced his 2009-2010 hockey playing plans this afternoon in an announcement made at U.S. Bank Arena. Biggs will play for the United States National Under-17 Development Team. Tyler was selected from a pool of 40 players who tried out for the team earlier this season.
Biggs 15, completed the 2008-09 hockey season with the Toronto Junior Canadiens. The six-foot-three, 205 pound right wing appeared in 68 games and collected 40 goals and 48 assists for 88 points and 68 penalty minutes. Tyler was expected to be a top ten choice in the upcoming Ontario Hockey League (OHL) draft and has also been extended scholarship offers from eight different Division I ice hockey playing schools for consideration after high school graduation. He has enrolled at Loveland High School for the remainder of the academic year and will transfer to Ann Arbor (MI) Pioneer High School for his junior year next fall.
He is the son of former Cincinnati Cyclones center Don Biggs, who holds more than 30 IHL club records for the team and has his uniform number (22) retired in the rafters of U.S. Bank Arena. Tyler was born in Binghamton, NY (April 30, 1993), but grew up in Cincinnati-as Don signed with the Cyclones on July 22 of that same year. He grew up playing with the Cincinnati Amateur Hockey Association (CAHA), prior to leaving this past fall to play in the Greater Toronto Hockey League (GTHL).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 13, 2009
- Playoff Series Tied 1-1, Promotions Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Condors customized truck to be given away this Saturday night - Bakersfield Condors
- Series tied up 1-1 heading back to Condorstown - Bakersfield Condors
- Jared Youngman Returns To Grizzlies As VP - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bakersfield's Graham Named PaySourceUSA ECHL Plus Performer of the Month for March - ECHL
- Tyler Biggs To Play For U.S. National Under-17 Development Team - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Devils head to Elmira after splitting first two games of Division Semifinals at home - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Weekly Playoff Notes - Florida Everblades
- Spang, Watt and Hamilton Arrive From AHL - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Playoffs Return To Utah Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Trio of players reassigned to Blades - Florida Everblades
- Kelly Cup Quest Daily - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wranglers Kelly Cup Daily - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Cyclones Look To Even Series - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Season Comes to An End Following Game 5 Loss
- Cyclones Pushed to the Brink Following Game 4 Loss
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Central Division Final, Game 4 vs. Toledo
- Cyclones Drop Game 3 in Toledo
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Central Division Final, Game 3 vs. Toledo