Two young stars sign with Alouettes
Montreal, January 27, 2005 - Montreal Alouettes General Manager Jim Popp announced today the signings of two explosive young players. Quarterback Robert Kent who starred with the Jackson State Tigers and wide receiver Darrell Jones of the Cal Poly Mustangs will both join the team at training camp this spring.
A prolific passer with the Tigers for four seasons, Kent's 11,797 yards represent the fourth-highest total in NCAA Division I-AA history. He attended the Tennessee Titans' training camp in 2004. He has signed for one year plus an option.
Known for his speed, Jones was the Mustangs' top receiver during his time at Cal Poly. On top of his 1,118 yards and six touchdowns on 62 receptions, he had an 89-yard punt return for a touchdown. In his last three seasons, he returned a total of seven punt returns for touchdowns. Jones has signed for two years plus an option.
A new boy joined the Alouettes' family. Matt Kellett became a father on January 18 when his wife Khrista gave birth to Maguire Evan (8 lbs., 10 oz., 21 in.) at 7:10 a.m. at Rocky View Hospital in Calgary. The entire family is doing well.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 27, 2005
- 2005 CFL Coach of the Year Luncheon on February 24th is sold out - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Two young stars sign with Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
- Stamps camp starts tonight - Calgary Stampeders
- Stamps Hoop it up for Cancer - Calgary Stampeders
- Labatt Blue Lightning Dance Team tryout dates announced - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Yo Murphy set for another year in Ottawa - Ottawa Renegades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Alouettes Stories
- Alouettes Shuffle Practice Roster
- Alouettes Acquire Ottawa RedBlacks 2019 Second Round Draft Pick
- Alouettes Acquire Receiver Joshua Stanford, Second Round Pick from Roughriders
- Montreal Alouettes Team up with Purolator for Annual Tackle Hunger Event
- Two CT-155 Hawk Aircrafts to Fly over Percival Molson Memorial Stadium Prior to the Canadian Armed Forces Game