Two-Way Guard Damion Lee Re-Joins Golden State Warriors
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors, the NBA G League affiliate of the back-to-back NBA Champion Golden State Warriors, announced today that guard Damion Lee has re-joined Golden State as part of his two-way contract.
Lee (6'6, 210) re-joins Golden State after scoring a game-high 26 points on 11-of-15 from the floor (73.3 FG%) along with six rebounds and three steals in the team's 118-108 win over the Northern Arizona Suns to tip-off the 2018-19 season. The University of Louisville graduate averaged 15.8 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.4 steals in 38 games for Santa Cruz in 2017-18 before receiving a GATORADE Call-Up to the Atlanta Hawks on March 13, 2018. Lee made his season debut for Golden State on October 22 against the Phoenix Suns, logging two minutes during the team's 123-103 win.
Per NBA rules, teams are permitted to sign two players to two-way contracts in addition to the 15-man regular-season roster. Lee is able to accrue no more than 45 days of service with Golden State during the NBA regular season, spending the remainder of their respective seasons with the Santa Cruz Warriors.
The Santa Cruz Warriors will host the team's Opening Night at Kaiser Permanente Arena this coming Wednesday, November 7 at 7:00 p.m. against the Stockton Kings, the NBA G League affiliate for the Sacramento Kings. For information on tickets to Warriors Opening Night, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 5, 2018
- Memphis Hustle Fall to Sioux Falls Skyforce in Closing Seconds 126-125 - Memphis Hustle
- Two-Way Guard Damion Lee Re-Joins Golden State Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Texas Legends and the Baylor Scott & White Sports Performance Center at the Star Announce State-Of-The-Art Practice Facility and Court Dedication - Texas Legends
- Stars Host Junior Jazz Night at Home Opener - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Warriors Team up with NBC Sports Bay Area to Broadcast All 2018-19 Home Games this Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- De'Anthony Melton Assigned to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Texas Legends and Dallas Stars Announce Five-Year Lease Extension in Frisco - Texas Legends
- More Than 200 NBA G League Games Coming to ESPN+ - G League
- Pacers Assign Ike Anigbogu to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Robinson, Motley Shine in Season Opening Loss to Blue - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz
- Warriors Beat Skyforce 94-89 Behind Kendrick Nunn's 28 Points off the Bench
- Golden State Warriors Assign Center DeMarcus Cousins to Santa Cruz
- Warriors Lose 96-95 to Vipers, Drop Second Consecutive Game by a Single Point
- Santa Cruz Warriors Take Third Loss of Season to the South Bay Lakers, 120-119