Two Bucs and One Affiliate Named to NHL Central Scouting's Midterm Rankings
CHICAGO - Matt Brown (1999), Lev Starikov (2000), Kirby Proctor (2001) and affiliate Simon Mack (2001) have all been named to the 2019 NHL Central Scouting Mid-Term Rankings, as announced earlier today by the USHL.
Proctor was ranked the #97 North American Skater, making him the 2nd highest ranked USHL defenseman on the list, only behind Sioux Falls' Ryan Johnson. The University of Nebraska Omaha commit is currently 2nd in assists among USHL rookie blue liners with 13, and 3rd in points for rookie defenseman with 14. He was drafted by Des Moines in the 3rd round of the USHL Phase II Draft in 2018.
Starikov came in at #121 among North American Skaters and has tallied three assists in his first three games as a Buccaneer, after joining the team on January 10th. The Russian born defenseman was a free agent signing on January 10th by Des Moines.
Brown was listed at #199 for North American Skaters and is currently 5th in goals in the USHL with 18 and leads the Buccaneers in points with 37. The Wood Ridge, NJ native also leads the USHL in shorthanded goals with four. Brown was acquired by the Bucs in a trade with the Chicago Steel last summer.
Mack is in the midst of his second season with the Brockville Braves of the CCHL after making the CCHL All-Rookie Team last season. The Buccaneer affiliate is currently 2nd in defenseman points on the Braves with 18 points and was ranked #215 on the Mid-Term Rankings. Mack also represented Team Canada East at the 2018 World Junior A Challenge in Bonnyville, AB. The Buccaneers acquired Mack in a trade with Sioux Falls in 2018.
After having a full weekend off, the Bucs are back in action this weekend beginning Friday night in Sioux City versus the Musketeers. They'll finish the weekend at home on Saturday versus 1st place Tri-City on Country Night at Buccaneer Arena, with Robbie Michael Band playing a pregame concert.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2019
- Six Players with Stars Ties Named in NHL Central Scouting's Mid-Term Rankings - Lincoln Stars
- Two Bucs and One Affiliate Named to NHL Central Scouting's Midterm Rankings - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Twenty NTDP Players Named to Central Scouting's Midterm Rankings - U.S. National Team
- Firstov, Blumel Ranked by NHLCS - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Fontaine, Steel Drop USA in Overtime of Monday Matinee - Chicago Steel
- Central Illinois Falls to Madison, 4 to 3 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- 72 Players with USHL Ties Named to NHL Central Scouting Midterm Rankings - USHL
- Moe's Week Gets High Marks - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Ben Meyers Named USHL Forward of the Week - Fargo Force
- USHL Names Players of the Week for Week 17 - USHL
- Fighting Saints Acquire Luke Robinson - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Des Moines Buccaneers Stories
- Goaltender Durham Commits to Brown University
- Gopher Commit & MN State Champion Forward Nevers Joins Bucs
- Bucs Acquire Gamblers Leading Scorer Perbix & Pick for Forward Meyer
- Two Bucs and One Affiliate Named to NHL Central Scouting's Midterm Rankings
- Des Moines Adds Forward Fafrak and Defenseman Starikov