Tucson Sugar Skulls Set 2019 Schedule
TUCSON, ARIZONA - The Tucson Sugar Skulls open their inaugural season in San Diego on March 3, and will kick off their seven-game home season the following week when they take on the Bismarck Bucks.
The Sugar Skulls' first Indoor Football League regular season stretches to a season finale at home on June 15 against the Quad City Steamrollers. The IFL season begins the weekend of February 22, but the Sugar Skulls have their first of three byes that weekend.
The home opener will be the first indoor/arena league game in the history of Tucson. All games are at the Tucson Arena which holds 6,700 for indoor football. The fast-paced, action-packed games will be played on a turf field the size of a hockey rink.
There are a total of four home games against the Sugar Skulls' two geographic rivals, the Arizona Rattlers and the other IFL expansion franchise, the San Diego Strike Force. The Sugar Skulls also will play each of those teams twice on the road.
The defending IFL champion Iowa Barnstormers will visit Tucson on May 27. Head Coach Marcus Coleman was the defensive coordinator for the Barnstormers last year.
Season tickets are on sale and can be ordered through the Sugar Skulls' website www.tucsonsugarskulls.com or by calling (520) 573-3000. Season ticket prices range from as low as $98, or $14 per game, to $693 for sideline seats in the first two rows.
Here is the complete Tucson Sugar Skulls 2019 Schedule:
Sun, Mar. 3, 4 p.m. at San Diego
Sun, Mar. 10, 3 p.m. BISMARCK
Sat, Mar. 16, 6 p.m at Arizona
Sat, Mar. 23 Bye
Sun, Mar. 31, 3 p.m SAN DIEGO
Sat, Apr. 6, 5 p.m at Nebraska
Sun, Apr. 14, 3 p.m ARIZONA
Sat, Apr. 20, 5 p.m at Quad Cities
Sat, Apr. 27, 6 p.m IOWA
Sat, May 4, 6 p.m SAN DIEGO
May 10-12, TBD at San Diego
Sat, May 18, 4 p.m at Bismarck
Sat, May 25, 6 p.m ARIZONA
Sat, Jun. 1 Bye
Sun, Jun. 9, 3 p.m at Arizona
Sat, Jun. 15, 6 p.m QUAD CITY
The Tucson Sugar Skulls are in their first year of operation as an expansion franchise of the Indoor Football League. The team will begin its inaugural season in March with home games at the Tucson Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 19, 2018
- 2019 IFL Season Schedule Announced - Cedar Rapids River Kings
- Tucson Sugar Skulls Set 2019 Schedule - Tucson Sugar Skulls
- IFL Announces 2019 Schedule - IFL
- Barnstormers Announce 2019 Schedule - Iowa Barnstormers
- Rattlers Announce Schedule for 2019 IFL Season - Arizona Rattlers
- Nebraska Danger and IFL Announce 2019 Schedule - Nebraska Danger
- IFL Announces San Diego Expansion Team - IFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Former NFL Defensive Lineman Burks Signs with Tucson
- First-Team All-IFL WR Balentine Signs with Sugar Skulls
- Tucson Native, OL Rosales Re-Signs with Sugar Skulls
- Former IFL Champion Defensive Lineman Butler Signs with Tucson
- Secondary Bolsted with Signing of DB Jernigan