IFL Announces San Diego Expansion Team
November 19, 2018 - Indoor Football League (IFL) News Release
The Indoor Football League (IFL) is proud to announce the addition and partnership of the league's newest team, the San Diego Strike Force, to be based in San Diego, CA.
The Strike Force will play at the Valley View Casino Center and will begin IFL play in the upcoming 2019 season. The team will be owned by Roy Choi.
"We are happy to be a part of the San Diego community and bring the exciting action of indoor football to San Diego, California," said Team President Greg Anderson.
"The addition of the league's newest team in San Diego is a monumental mark for the IFL," said IFL Commissioner Michael Allshouse. "San Diego becomes one of the league's largest markets and will instantly provide a great local rivalry for our western teams. We look forward to a long and productive partnership with the team and the city."
The team's logo, colors, head coach and information about season tickets will be revealed in the near future.
The 2019 IFL schedule will be released at 2:00 PM CT on Monday, November 19.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 19, 2018
- 2019 IFL Season Schedule Announced - Cedar Rapids River Kings
- Tucson Sugar Skulls Set 2019 Schedule - Tucson Sugar Skulls
- IFL Announces 2019 Schedule - IFL
- Barnstormers Announce 2019 Schedule - Iowa Barnstormers
- Rattlers Announce Schedule for 2019 IFL Season - Arizona Rattlers
- Nebraska Danger and IFL Announce 2019 Schedule - Nebraska Danger
- IFL Announces San Diego Expansion Team - IFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.