Tri-City Drops Final Game of Weekend to Omaha 4-2
Ralston, NE - The Tri-City Storm dropped a road game to the Omaha Lancers by a final score of 4-2 Sunday at Ralston Arena. Colton Kalezic and Brendan Budy scored the Storm's goals in the loss. Despite the loss, Tri-City kept its 1st place position in the USHL league standings and will return home to the Viaero Center on Friday to host the Eastern Conference leading Muskegon Lumberjacks. Puck drop for the matchup is set for 7:05pm.
Colton Kalezic netted his 10th goal of the season just over seven minutes into the game to give Tri-City a 1-0 lead. Kalezic's goal was assisted by Ronnie Attard and Connor McMenamin. Omaha answered the Storm's opening goal with a tying goal at 13:46 of the 1st period. The goal was scored by Tyler Carpenter, and tied the game at 1-1. Kyle Kawamura scored his 2nd goal of the season on the power play at 17:17 of the 1st period to give the Lancers a 2-1 advantage. Omaha outshot Tri-City 14-9 and carried a one goal lead into the 2nd period.
No goals were scored in the 2nd period and Omaha increased its lead to two goals with under five minutes to play in the 3rd period. Tyler Carpenter scored his 2nd goal of the game to give the Lancers a 3-1 lead at the 15:43 mark of the period. Tri-City answered back with a shorthanded goal from Brendan Budy with 2:08 remaining in the game to bring the score back to within one goal. Omaha's Aleksi Peltonen scored his 6th goal of the season on an empty net goal at 18:37 to give Omaha a 4-2 win on home ice. Goaltender Jake Barczewski stopped 29 of 32 shots in the Storm's loss.
The Storm dropped to 25-7-1-1 in the loss and currently hold a one point lead over 2nd place Muskegon in the USHL league standings. Tri-City has won 14 of 17 home games this season, and plays host to Muskegon on Friday night. The game will feature the top two teams in the USHL league standings. Tickets to Friday's game can be purchased online at www.stormhockey.com, or by calling (308) 338-8144.
Tri-City returns to action Friday in a home game against the Muskegon Lumberjacks. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05pm, with the broadcast beginning on Hockey TV and Storm Radio at 6:45pm. For home game tickets and more information on the Tri-City Storm, visit www.stormhockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Lancers Calm Storm in 4-2 Victory to Close out 3 Game Weekend - Omaha Lancers
- Tri-City Drops Final Game of Weekend to Omaha 4-2 - Tri-City Storm
- Muskegon Bounces Back, Takes Down Flying Aces 6-1 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Dubuque Beats Madison, Wins Three in Three over the Weekend - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Central Illinois Falls to Muskegon, 6 to 1 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Gameday Preview: Storm Set for Road Matchup against Rival Lancers - Tri-City Storm
- Gamblers to Recognize the 2018 Shopko Kick-Off Kids - Green Bay Gamblers
- Tri-City Defeats Waterloo 5-2 - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.