Gameday Preview: Storm Set for Road Matchup against Rival Lancers
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm hits the road today for the final game of a three-game weekend. Tri-City is coming off back to back home wins against the Waterloo Black Hawks and will face off against in state rival Omaha today at 4:05pm. Tri-City has won five of the first seven games in the season series against the Lancers.
Tri-City (25-6-1-1) defeated the Waterloo Black Hawks by a final score of 5-2 last night at the Viaero Center and enters today's game as the 1st place team in the USHL league standings. Tri-City is 8-1-0-1 in its last 10 games and improved to 13-2-1-0 on home ice. Michael Colella, Brendan Furry, Connor McMenamin, Brendan Budy, and Filip Forsmark all scored goals in the Storm's home win over Waterloo last night. Tri-City currently holds a four-point lead in the Western Conference over Des Moines, and a three-point lead over Muskegon in the USHL league standings. Today's trip to Ralston Arena is the final for the Storm during the 2018-2019 regular season. In the previous three road matchups in the season series for Tri-City, the Storm have won all three games and outscored the Lancers 9-3. The final game of the regular season series between Omaha and Tri-City will take place at the Viaero Center on March 16th.
Omaha (9-18-1-3) returns home today following a 5-4 shootout win last night against the Des Moines Buccaneers. In the win, the Lancers snapped a six-game winless streak, and defeated a Western Conference opponent for the first time since a win against Tri-City on November 6th. Omaha is now 3-5-1-1 in its last ten 10 games and will look for its 4th home win of the year in today's game. In last night's shootout win over Des Moines, Omaha moved into 7th place in the Western Conference standings. Cole Kodsi, Harry Roy, Aleksi Peltonen, and Jaxson Nelson all scored in last night's Lancers win against Des Moines. Travis Mitchell netted the shootout winning goal.
Today's game is set to begin at 4:05pm CT, and will be streamed live on HockeyTV, and Storm Radio. HockeyTV is a subscription based service that carries all Storm home and away games throughout the season. Storm Radio is the audio broadcast home for Tri-City Storm hockey, and can be accessed through Mixlr, StormHockey.com, or by downloading the official Tri-City Storm Mobile App. The broadcast will begin twenty minutes prior to the advertised game start time. For home game tickets, and more information on the Tri-City Storm, visit www.StormHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Lancers Calm Storm in 4-2 Victory to Close out 3 Game Weekend - Omaha Lancers
- Tri-City Drops Final Game of Weekend to Omaha 4-2 - Tri-City Storm
- Muskegon Bounces Back, Takes Down Flying Aces 6-1 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Dubuque Beats Madison, Wins Three in Three over the Weekend - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Central Illinois Falls to Muskegon, 6 to 1 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Gameday Preview: Storm Set for Road Matchup against Rival Lancers - Tri-City Storm
- Gamblers to Recognize the 2018 Shopko Kick-Off Kids - Green Bay Gamblers
- Tri-City Defeats Waterloo 5-2 - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Storm Stories
- Gameday Preview: Tri-City Hosts Des Moines for Game #2 of Western Conference Semifinal
- Storm Open Clark Cup Playoffs with 8-3 Win over Des Moines
- Gameday Preview: Storm Host Buccaneers for Game #1 of Western Conference Semifinals
- Clark Cup Conference Semifinals Dates Announced
- Storm Finalize Historic Regular Season with Emphatic Win over Sioux City