Travs Shutout by RoughRiders
North Little Rock, AR - Jordan Cowan's one out single in the bottom of the ninth ended a combined no-hit by four Frisco pitchers as the RoughRiders defeated the Arkansas Travelers, 3-0 on Friday night in front of a crowd of 6,721 at Dickey-Stephens Park. Cowan was out trying to stretch his hit to a double but was the only Trav to reach base on the night after being hit by a pitch with two out in the sixth. Brock Burke (Win, 5 IP, 6 K), James Jones (2 IP, 3 K), Jake Lemoine (IP, 2 K) and Emmanuel Clase (Save, IP, H) combined for the near no-hitter. Travs starter Ricardo Sanchez battled through four innings on 91 pitches and gave up eight hits but held the Riders to just two runs in that time.
Moments That Mattered
* Frisco scored single runs in the third and fourth innings against Sanchez but also stranded five runners on base in those two frames.
* Cowan poked the Travs lone hit of the night past third base on a hard groundball but was thrown out by left fielder Brendon Davis at second base.
Notable Travs Performances
* 2B Jordan Cowan: 1-2, HBP
* RHP Sam Delaplane: 2 IP, H, K
News and Notes
* It was the seventh time the Travs have been shutout this season, all at home, and their second shutout loss in the last four days.
* Luis Liberato returned from the injured list and went 0-3 while playing left field. Liberato had been out since July 8th. Mike Ahmed was placed on the injured list to create an open roster spot.
The Travs and Riders meet again on Saturday night with left-hander Justus Sheffield (2-2, 1.62) starting against righty Collin Wiles (0-1, 17.18). First pitch is at 6:10 and the first 1,000 fans will get Thunderstix. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Big Lead Vanishes in 12-8 Loss at Hodgetown - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Travs Shutout by RoughRiders - Arkansas Travelers
- Uceta, Drillers Top Midland - Tulsa Drillers
- Riders Just Miss Tossing No-Hitter Friday - Frisco RoughRiders
- Pitching Carries RockHounds in Series Win over Arkansas - Midland RockHounds
- Cardinals Take Series Win with Wild 10-9 Victory in Amarillo - Springfield Cardinals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.