Riders Just Miss Tossing No-Hitter Friday
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR - Four Riders pitchers helped carry a combined no-hitter into the ninth inning, ultimately settling for a one-hit shutout in a 3-0 win at Arkansas.
* The quartet of Brock Burke, James Jones, Jake Lemoine and Emmanuel Clase went 8 1/3 innings before Arkansas' Jordan Cowan singled to break up the bid for history. Cowan was the only runner to reach Friday, also getting hit by a pitch with two outs in the sixth to break up a shot at a perfect game.
* Burke worked five perfect innings to earn his first win as a member of the Rangers organization. He struck out six batters, including five in a row between the fourth and fifth innings.
* The Riders grabbed a 2-0 lead by the end of the fourth, and added an insurance tally in the seventh.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Brock Burke: 5 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K (W)
* James Jones: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
* Jake Lemoine: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
* Emmanuel Clase: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (S)
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders have blanked Arkansas in three of the five meetings at Dickey-Stephens Park this season.
Riders at Arkansas, Saturday, 6:10 pm
RHP Collin Wiles (0-1, 17.18) vs. LHP Justus Sheffield (2-2, 1.62)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Big Lead Vanishes in 12-8 Loss at Hodgetown - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Travs Shutout by RoughRiders - Arkansas Travelers
- Uceta, Drillers Top Midland - Tulsa Drillers
- Riders Just Miss Tossing No-Hitter Friday - Frisco RoughRiders
- Pitching Carries RockHounds in Series Win over Arkansas - Midland RockHounds
- Cardinals Take Series Win with Wild 10-9 Victory in Amarillo - Springfield Cardinals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.