Timberwolves Sign Jordan Murphy
Minneapolis/St. Paul - Minnesota Timberwolves President of Basketball Operations Gersson Rosas today announced the team has signed forward Jordan Murphy. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.
Murphy, 22, played for the Timberwolves in the 2019 MGM Resorts NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, averaging 8.9 points and 4.9 rebounds in 14.0 minutes per game over seven games.
Murphy played four seasons for the University of Minnesota, averaging 13.5 points and 9.8 rebounds in 133 games. As a senior, he was named All-Big Ten First Team by the media and All-Big Ten Second team by the coaches. He led the Big Ten in rebounding his junior and senior seasons and finished his career ranked second in Big Ten history with 1,307 boards.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 16, 2019
- Pelicans Announce BayHawks Basketball Operations Staff for 2019-20 Season - Erie BayHawks
- Timberwolves Sign Jordan Murphy - Iowa Wolves
- Memphis Hustle to Hold Open Tryout Session at Christian Brothers University this Saturday, September 21 - Memphis Hustle
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Mychal Mulder - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Stars Stifle Wolves Offense in Salt Lake City
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III, Omari Spellman and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Wolves Can't Keep Pace with Clippers in Road Matchup
- Kelan Martin and Wolves Make a Big Splash against Warriors on the Road
- James Webb III Named to USA Men's February 2020 AmeriCup Qualifying Team