Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Mychal Mulder
Sioux Falls, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the team has acquired the returning player rights to guard Mychal Mulder from the Windy City Bulls in exchange for the returning player rights to Charles Cooke III and the South Bay Lakers 1st Round Draft Pick (#7 overall) in the 2019 NBA G League Draft. The trade is not subject to a physical.
Mulder, a 25-year-old, 6-4, 184-pound guard out of the University of Kentucky appeared in 47 games (47 starts) last season for the Windy City Bulls averaging 13.7 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.6 assists in just under 33 minutes per game. Mulder posted career-best marks from the perimeter last season, making 135 three-pointers (2.9 per game) and shooting 41.2 percent from long-distance. Mulder's 135 three-point makes tied him for fifth place in the NBA G League. On February 2, 2019 Mulder poured in a career-high 37 points (14-16 FG, 7-9 3FG) in a win over the Canton Charge. In Windy City's lone playoff game last season, Mulder posted 20 points and eight rebounds in 44 minutes.
After he went undrafted in the 2017 NBA Draft, the Windy City Bulls selected Mulder with the ninth overall pick in the 2017 NBA G League Draft. Mulder went on to make his professional debut for the Bulls during the 2017-18 season where he appeared in 48 games (31 starts) while averaging 9.3 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.6 assists per contest.
Mulder has appeared in eight total NBA Summer League games (five starts) playing for both the Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls, averaging 6.5 points and 2.5 rebounds in 20.2 minutes per game. Most recently, Mulder averaged 8.8 points and 3.4 rebounds in five games (four starts) for the Chicago Bulls during the 2019 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas.
Mulder began his collegiate career at Vincennes University in Indiana where he averaged 12.0 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 72 appearances (49 starts) before playing out his final two seasons at Kentucky. For the Wildcats, Mulder averaged 2.9 points and 1.3 rebounds in 56 appearances (two starts). In 32 contests (two starts) as a senior during the 2016-17 season, Mulder averaged 4.7 points and 1.5 rebounds in 10.6 minutes per game.
The Skyforce opens the 2019-20 NBA G League season with a visit to the Iowa Wolves on Friday, November 8 followed by its home opener at the Sanford Pentagon on Sunday, November 10 against the Salt Lake City Stars at 3:00PM CT. Season tickets, flex plans and five-game packages are on sale now. For more information, contact a Skyforce representative at 605-332-0605.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 16, 2019
- Pelicans Announce BayHawks Basketball Operations Staff for 2019-20 Season - Erie BayHawks
- Timberwolves Sign Jordan Murphy - Iowa Wolves
- Memphis Hustle to Hold Open Tryout Session at Christian Brothers University this Saturday, September 21 - Memphis Hustle
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Mychal Mulder - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente