Timbers Midfielder Dairon Asprilla Undergoes Successful Arthroscopic Meniscus Repair Procedure
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers announced today that midfielder Dairon Asprilla has undergone arthroscopic surgery in his left knee to repair a complex tear in his medial meniscus.
In six seasons with the Timbers, Asprilla has appeared in 114 matches (59 starts), tallying 13 goals and 12 assists across all competitions.
Asprilla will conduct his rehabilitation with the Timbers sports medicine staff at Providence Park and at the Providence Sports Care Center. He is expected to return to training in five to six months.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 20, 2020
- Shinyashiki Remembers 'Emotional' Matchup, Jersey Swap with Zlatan - Colorado Rapids
- Robbie Robinson Named 2020 ACC Male Athlete of the Year - Inter Miami CF
- Midfielder Steeven Saba Suffers Broken Left Foot - Montreal Impact
- Timbers Midfielder Dairon Asprilla Undergoes Successful Arthroscopic Meniscus Repair Procedure - Portland Timbers
- FC Cincinnati expand club's player development pyramid - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Celebrates the Class of 2020 with a Virtual Graduation for More Than 250 FCD High School Seniors - FC Dallas
- Sporting KC Invites Class of 2020 to Capture Grad Photos - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Midfielder Dairon Asprilla Undergoes Successful Arthroscopic Meniscus Repair Procedure
- Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders FC Announce Special "SEAvPDX Week" to Recognize Rivalry with Unique Content and Activities
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Wins Week 3 of MLS Idle
- Thorns Academy Joins Elite Clubs National League Girls
- Portland Timbers to Return to Individual Workouts Thursday