Sporting KC Invites Class of 2020 to Capture Grad Photos
Sporting Kansas City announced today a one-of-a-kind opportunity for local high school and college seniors in the Class of 2020 to have a free graduation photo taken on the pitch at Children's Mercy Park by a professional photographer.
Grad photos, presented by UMB, is the latest initiative launched by Sporting Serves, a newly established philanthropic platform in which Sporting Kansas City and the club's flagship charitable arm, The Victory Project, are united with community partners to support families across the metropolitan area.
Sporting Serves has set up several programs specifically in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including Sporting Community Kitchen to provide 1,000 free meals a day for households in need and a blood drive for the Community Blood Center at Children's Mercy Park earlier this week.
Class of 2020 seniors, whose final semesters were significantly impacted by the recent closing of schools and cancellation of extracurricular activities and events, will now have a special chance to not only have a free graduation photo captured by a professional photographer on the pitch at Children's Mercy Park, but also to have the graduate's name and/or photo digitally displayed in the image background on the stadium's videoboard.
A limited number of timeslots will be available in 10-minute intervals from 2-7 p.m. from May 25-28 at Children's Mercy Park, with May 29 reserved exclusively for Sporting KC Season Ticket Members from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Participants will be asked to check in at the Budweiser Brew House 30 minutes prior to their scheduled time and public health protocols will be in place for all attendees and staff, including the use of masks and social distancing.
Advance registration is required and open online at SportingKC.com until all timeslots are assigned. Individuals may only sign up for one timeslot, however a registrant is permitted to bring up to three additional guests to be included in their graduation photo.
This graduation gift to the Class of 2020 is presented in partnership with UMB. Sporting KC welcomed UMB, the club's official commercial banking partner, as a First Team partner in 2013 en route to winning MLS Cup at Children's Mercy Park, which features the luxurious UMB Field Club and UMB Premium Entrance. Headquartered in Kansas City and founded in 1913, UMB has been a pillar of the KC community for more than 100 years, offering commercial banking, personal banking, and institutional banking. UMB operates branches throughout Missouri, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arizona and Texas, and serves business and institutional clients nationwide.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 20, 2020
- Shinyashiki Remembers 'Emotional' Matchup, Jersey Swap with Zlatan - Colorado Rapids
- Robbie Robinson Named 2020 ACC Male Athlete of the Year - Inter Miami CF
- Midfielder Steeven Saba Suffers Broken Left Foot - Montreal Impact
- Timbers Midfielder Dairon Asprilla Undergoes Successful Arthroscopic Meniscus Repair Procedure - Portland Timbers
- FC Cincinnati expand club's player development pyramid - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Celebrates the Class of 2020 with a Virtual Graduation for More Than 250 FCD High School Seniors - FC Dallas
- Sporting KC Invites Class of 2020 to Capture Grad Photos - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Sporting KC and Parisi Coffee Release Sporting Calcio 2020 Blend
- Sporting Community Kitchen Serves Thousands in KC
- Sporting KC Announces New Facility Names with Compass Minerals
- Sporting KC Invites Class of 2020 to Capture Grad Photos
- Kuzain, Alekzandur Finish Second in eMLS Tournament Special