Tim Adleman's Contract Purchased by Detroit Tigers
(Central Islip, N.Y.) - The Long Island Ducks today announced that right-handed pitcher Tim Adleman's contract has been purchased by the Detroit Tigers. He will report to the team's Triple-A affiliate in Toledo, Ohio.
"We are happy to see Tim get this opportunity with the Tigers organization," said Ducks Manager Wally Backman. "He has pitched well for us as a starter and reliever, and we wish him the best of luck in this next chapter of his baseball career."
Adleman made three appearances (one start) in a Ducks uniform. The righty posted a 2-0 record with a 1.64 ERA and 14 strikeouts to just one walk in 11 innings of work. He yielded only two runs and six hits in that span as well, holding opponents to a .154 batting average. Most recently, the Staten Island, N.Y. native pitched five innings of one-run ball, allowing three hits and striking out five in a 7-2 win against the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs on May 8.
The 31-year-old has two seasons of previous Major League experience, having pitched with the Cincinnati Reds in 2016 and 2017. He made 43 appearances (33 starts) in MLB, compiling a 9-15 record with a 4.97 ERA and 155 strikeouts over 192 innings of work. The Georgetown University alum spent all of 2018 with the Samsung Lions of the Korean Baseball Organization, making 31 starts. He also pitched during spring training with the Reds earlier this year.
Adleman becomes the fourth member of the 2019 Ducks roster to have his contract purchased by a Major League club. He joins infielder Ivan De Jesus Jr., whose contract was purchased by the Chicago White Sox on May 7, right-handed pitcher Tim Melville, whose contract was purchased by the Colorado Rockies on May 3 and left-handed pitcher Jon Niese, whose contract was purchased by the Seattle Mariners on April 25.
The Long Island Ducks are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball and play their home games at Bethpage Ballpark. For further information, call (631) 940-DUCK or visit www.liducks.com.
Images from this story
Long Island Ducks pitcher Tim Adleman
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from May 11, 2019
- Revs Unable to Slow Red Hot Rockers Despite Packed House at PeoplesBank Park - York Revolution
- Somerset Wins Pitchers' Duel, 2-0 - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Ducks Top Skeeters in See-Saw Extra Inning Slugfest - Long Island Ducks
- Patriots Shut out Barnstormers 2-0 - Somerset Patriots
- Bees And Blue Crabs Split Doubleheader In Waldorf - New Britain Bees
- Blue Crabs Break out of Their Shell - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Tim Adleman's Contract Purchased by Detroit Tigers - Long Island Ducks
- Revs Done in by Long Ball on Friday Night - York Revolution
- Bees Hang On Late For Third Consecutive Victory - New Britain Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.