Tigers in Christmas Spirit
In the true spirit of Christmas, The Medicine Hat Tigers players got together and donated over $650 of their own money to help those less fortunate in our community over the holiday season.
With those funds we were able to purchase numerous gifts for children through The Salvation Army's Tree of Hope program, for seniors through London Drugs' Stocking Stuffers for Seniors program, as well as make a generous donation of toys and games to the Medicine Hat News Santa Claus Fund.
"We really wanted to do something for our community this Christmas" said Corson Hopwo, who organized the event. "and since we can't be there to deliver the toys ourselves, we [the players] thought this would be the next best thing."
On behalf of all the players Merry Christmas!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 14, 2020
- Silvertips Center Gage Goncalves Signs NHL Contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning - Everett Silvertips
- Simon Knak to Compete in 2020 World Juniors - Portland Winterhawks
- Tigers in Christmas Spirit - Medicine Hat Tigers
- 1 Week Remaining in the Hockey Harvest Lottery - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Giants Acquire 2001-Born Defenceman Zachary Ashton - Vancouver Giants
- Hurricanes Trade Ashton to Vancouver - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- 2020 Brandon Wheat Kings Teddy Bear Toss Goes Mobile - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.