Tickets for Memphis 901 FC's Next Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match Available for Season Ticket Holders
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Tickets for Memphis 901 FC's Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup third-round showdown with Hartford Athletic on Wednesday, May 29 are now on sale to season ticket holders for $10, with proceeds from the match benefiting LeBonheur Children's Hospital Neuroscience Institute through donations to River-City for Itty-Bitties (RIBS) and John Talley's Pediatric Neurological Research Fund.
If tickets for the match still remain after the season ticket holder on-sale, they will be available to the general public on Thursday, May 23 for $15 each. Kickoff for the match is set for 7:00 p.m. at Mike Rose Soccer Complex, which has limited seating capacity. All tickets for the match are general admission.
Both RIBS and John Talley's fund have deep ties to the Memphis soccer community. RIBS' annual adult soccer tournament and 5K benefit causes that are dear to the hearts of Greater Memphis Soccer Association supporters Jason and Jessica Vinson, who lost their infant daughter after a premature birth and whose nine-year-old daughter, Kayden, battles epilepsy and receives treatment at LeBonheur.
John Talley was the General Manager of the Mike Rose Soccer Complex, which was started with the goal to provide better fields and better opportunities for children to play soccer in Shelby County. After his death from cancer in 2002, his son, Carey, started a fund at LeBonheur that has helped raise over $140,000 since its inception.
This third-round Open Cup match will determine who will advance, and possibly host, a Major League Soccer (MLS) squad. The MLS enters the tournament in the fourth round.
Memphis is coming off an historic Wednesday night win in its Open Cup debut, a 3-1 triumph over New York Red Bulls U-23. The win was the club's first at AutoZone Park and included the team's first brace (two goals by one player) from defender Josh Morton.
First played in 1914, the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup is the most prestigious tournament in this country with pro and amateur teams across the United States competing for a berth in the 2020 CONCACAF Champions League, silverware, and a sizeable cash prize.
Call (901) 721-6000 or go to www.memphis901fc.com/tickets for more information on all ticket options.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 17, 2019
- Switchbacks FC Acquire Abdul Rwatubyaye on Loan from Colorado Rapids - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance vs. Reno 1868 FC - May 18, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- 3 Things to Know About Saturday's Nashville SC Match against Charlotte Independence - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. North Carolina FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Daniel Rios Seeking to Continue Scoring Run against Old Rivals in Independence - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Looks to Build on Five-Match Unbeaten Streak at Home - San Antonio FC
- Memphis 901 FC Looking to Extend Unbeaten Streak Saturday at Home against Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Memphis 901 FC
- Match Preview: RGV FC Ready to Defend Their Home on Military Appreciation Night - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Phoenix Rising FC Seeks to Continue Home Unbeaten Streak in League Play - Phoenix Rising FC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Bethlehem Steel FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Tickets for Memphis 901 FC's Next Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match Available for Season Ticket Holders - Memphis 901 FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Looks to Snap Road Skid Saturday against OKC Energy FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- STLvOTT Rescheduled for September 4 - Saint Louis FC
- New Date for Fury FC Trip to Saint Louis Announced - Ottawa Fury FC
- North Carolina FC Readies for Home Test against Birmingham Legion FC - North Carolina FC
- Hartford Athletic Announces Paul Buckle as Technical Advisor to the Chairman - Hartford Athletic
- Match Preview: Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts Ottawa Fury FC at Talen Energy Stadium - Philadelphia Union II
- Match Preview: #TBRvNY - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.