Tickets for 2019 Tacoma Defiance Home Opener on Sale Now
TACOMA, WASH. - Tacoma Defiance today announced that tickets for the club's 2019 home opener on Friday, March 8 at 7:00 p.m. PT against Rio Grande Valley FC are now on sale and can be purchased here. Tickets for the opening match are being made available at the Cheney Stadium box office on Monday, February 18 beginning at 10:00 a.m. PT. General on-sale for the remaining 2019 home matches begins at 10:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday, March 5.
2019 marks the second season playing in Tacoma for Seattle Sounders FC's USL affiliate, and the first season under the Defiance brand. The full 2019 schedule can be found at TACDefiance.com, along with full-season, group and hospitality ticket options. Questions regarding ticket information can be directed to [email protected]
Originally announced in May of 2017, the partnership between Sounders FC and the Rainiers has brought together two of the Northwest's premier professional sports organizations to reach a first-of-its-kind relationship in USL within the same regional market. The Tacoma Rainiers are an award-winning franchise that has been a staple of the South Sound community for over 50 years, operating as the top affiliate of Major League Baseball's Seattle Mariners. They have been operating the business side of the new era of the USL club, taking advantage of the decades of experience managing a professional organization in the Tacoma market, while Sounders FC maintains leadership over soccer operations and sporting infrastructure.
In a series of key announcements on January 30 at a press conference inside Cheney Stadium, the Tacoma Rainiers and Seattle Sounders FC unveiled the long-awaited new brand for the organizations' United Soccer League club: Tacoma Defiance. Set to begin play under this new identity immediately, Tacoma's professional soccer side now officially bears the name of its hometown, while proudly paying homage to the city's maritime roots and deep sense of civic identity. The Tacoma Defiance is led by Head Coach Chris Little, who was appointed to the bench last month after guiding the Sounders FC Academy U-17 squad to the 2017-2018 U.S. Soccer Development Academy National Championship and the 2018 U-17 Generation Adidas Cup title. Seven players on the current roster were part of the Sounders FC Academy U-17 squad that won the USSDA title. Eight players on the roster have spent time in the United States Youth National Team system.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 16, 2019
- Lights FC & Rapids Entertain Las Vegas - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Nashville SC Stifles Birmingham Legion in 3-0 Preseason Rout Presented by Nissan - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC Scores Four Goals in Preseason Win - Memphis 901 FC
- Loudoun United FC Sign Midfielder Andrew Lubahn - Loudoun United FC
- Phoenix Rising FC Acquires Logan Gdula on Loan from FC Cincinnati - Phoenix Rising FC
- Tickets for 2019 Tacoma Defiance Home Opener on Sale Now - Tacoma Defiance
- Preseason Scrimmage against UNC Moved to Chapel Hill - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Defiance Stories
- Match Preview: Tacoma Defiance vs. Reno 1868 FC - October 3, 2020
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance vs. Sacramento Republic FC - September 30, 2020
- Tacoma Defiance Returns Home, Beats Portland 2-1
- Tacoma Defiance Falls 3-1 on the Road to Portland Timbers 2
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Portland Timbers 2 - September 24, 2020